Taking a break

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
You ever get to busy to play?
I have for the past few weeks.
I always get out my new S2 on Fridays to play over the weekend, but for the past few weekends I have not played it except strumming it a bit before wiping it down to case it Sunday before bed.
Did not even jack into an amp this past weekend.

Same thing is going to happen this weekend, so I do not even think I will be taking it out.
I always have the SE Santana and Gibson SG out though full time, but I doubt I am going to have time to play.

So what has been taking my time?
Mods to my FJ Cruiser.
Got new Toyo Open Country M/Ts a few weeks back, a new rear ARB rear bumper, and I installed a carrier on the spare tire for my MaxTrax recovery devices on the spare tire.

2.jpg

1.jpg

1st_wash_2016b.jpg

Going to be busy this weekend opening up my tent to wash the bedding, and start getting the rig ready for camping season, and my annual camping vacation for a week or so in August.
Feels good working on the rig too.
Getting a set of ARB Intensity LED lights installed on the bumper the 5th of July, and I have new rock sliders being made to replace the old ones on the side of the rig.
They have been on since I installed them July of 2006.

When things settle down I will get back into some playing again.
Kind of feels good though taking a short break.

Thats a badass rig. I scoped the Toyo MT's for my F150 when my AT's finally wore out, the cost scared me a little and settled for the Hancook DynaPro MT's.

That snorkle functional? Love muddin'! Is that tan board for traction when stuck?

EDIT- just googled the Maxtrax and watched a video. Ingenious device!

Thats a badass rig. I scoped the Toyo MT's for my F150 when my AT's finally wore out, the cost scared me a little and settled for the Hancook DynaPro MT's.

That snorkle functional? Love muddin'! Is that tan board for traction when stuck?

EDIT- just googled the Maxtrax and watched a video. Ingenious device!
These M/Ts are dead quiet too, it is the way they designed the tread.
I still have an older M/T on the rear door, these new ones are way more aggressive.

I got the snorkel for dust control as we often go in groups exploring old growth forest service roads, and it can be very dusty in the dry summer.
Funny thing is a week after we got it I hit a few feet deep puddle not far from home the police were getting ready to shut down, and it was so dark I did not see it at 35 MPH.
It slowed the rig down instantly, and water came up over the hood and windshield.
Also if I did not have the snorkel, the stock intake in the fenderwell would have hydrolocked the engine from all the water.
Saved myself about $6K that morning with the snorkel.

Yes, these Toyo's were around $400 each, not cheap, but very nice.
I got around 60K out of my Dick Cepek Mountaincats they took off, and there was still a lotta tread left, but the insides were starting to cup a bit.

Yep, quite a few good vids on these.

Nice Corey! That's a sweet ride!
Thanks man, it turns ten this July.
I'm hoping to take it out this weekend... ;)
He he he...

I've been too busy to play. Between work , a new girlfriend , my daughter and in the middle of trying to buy a new car....life needs to slow down just a bit. I went from guitar reviews to car reviews ...lol...I am sooo done adulting....

Back