Takin care of business

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Well, weather has cooperated lately. Got my tree down last Friday. 6 trees on my street have come down this week due to the Emerald Ash Borer. I took mine down myself everybody else hired it done but I was able to get rid of all the burnable wood via Facebook and got my stump ground out yesterday.

Made a call to my concrete guy Monday and by Tuesday evening I had a 24x20 patio poured and stamped.

Perdock Court has been busy with activity and now it looks soooooo different here.

Wife has been working 24/7 with real estate and I've been busy with work and home projects. Zero time for dirt biking, haven't gone yet this year and we really haven't been on our HD much.

We need a break so we will be taking one.

Once that is done, I have some unfinished business with Bodia and Sergio, a couple welding projects and back to recording.

Anybody else just booked to the max???

My busy is miles from yours. I mow a couple times a week. I boss people around at a build site once or twice a week. I started my motorcycle twice. After shopping for a new car for Mrs for a few weeks, she had me fix her old ones to milk another year or two out of.

I am well practiced in breaks though. I even take long drives to visit friends from time to time if I get a couple days warning.

Dang, that was a lot of work. I think I’ll brew a mocha whatsit and have some breakfast.

May or may not be selling my dental practice. Building the sleep/pain practice, negotiating a second location to provide treatment over 2 states. Next week head off to Vegas for a conference. Home for a week then to Florida for my Grandmother-in-law's 100th birthday. Straight from there to the Redneck Riviera for my family reunion. Home mid July and complete selling or not selling the practice. Mow the lawn? Maybe this weekend if the weather cooperates. About 50 ugly arbor vitaes to cut and clean out then replant with flowering shrubs/vines to create a more esthetic "fence". My son's driving the Monte more than I am this summer:eek: For fun, I think I'm getting a new power supply for Father's Day from the kids, so reworking the pedal board is on tap.:)

Once that is done, I have some unfinished business with Bodia and Sergio

Looking forward to that lunch! Glad to hear things are working out!

Got a bathroom to finish putting back together. Just need to tape, primer and paint. That means I'll finally get my "Music Room" back. It's looking better in there now. It's only 30% a storage area vs. the 80% that it was. Most of the Mrs closet contents were in there, and had been since the first week in January. We ordered a new tub/shower surround (actually the plumber ordered it), and the plumber said they'd need to cut an access panel in the closet wall in order to update the pipes to meet code. Well, the closet was emptied into my room (just after it was cleaned out of everything that was in their when we had the windows replaced in December) while we waited the 4 weeks for the tub/wall unit to come in. Of course, FUBAR.....the tub came in 4 weeks later, but the walls didn't come in until mid-May. That was after I threatened to call the CEO's of the local distributor and the manufacturer. My plumber was great throughout the wait, so there was no "raising of voices" to them. He believes that the walls came in with the tub, but were damaged in shipping and no one re-ordered.

At any rate, they came a couple of weeks ago to install. They get everything ripped out and discover that they won't need to cut that access panel in the closet since they can get at the pipes from the bathroom side. SLAP MY FACE!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! That means my Archon, and music room, have been covered in clothes and shoes since mid-January for NO REASON!!!!!!!!!! AGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Have been somewhat occupied with extraneous tasks recently:

Personal Study (About 2-½ hours each week, reading, writing, absorbing, meditating, applying)
Laundry (Never ends, and is consistent week-to-week)
Gardening (Weeding, feeding, watering)
Preparing Meals (My calling in life. Both for personal, immediate family, and entertaining guests)
eBay Sale (Sold previous electric guitar, brought carton to FedEx Depot, awaiting confirmation of delivery this weekend)
Airport Trip (Picked up family member from airport recently arriving home from their midwest visit to extended family)
Traveling (Brought acoustic guitar to tech to have nut/saddle/bridge pins upgraded)
Computer Printing (Spent 7 hours printing out about 250 pages of recipes for a young man who would like to learn how to cook)
Car Maintenance (Spent about 70 minutes late yesterday afternoon washing/waxing my car. Invested in wash/wax items to avoid usual $14-$15 car wash costs)
Grocery Shopping (Had cut back on trips to grocers, simply to save on money and use what's already in my freezer and pantry (insert joke here))
Secular Job (Working part-time, keeps me happy, physically fit and helps pay the bills)
Visiting Friends (Part of my duties includes visiting friend and seeing how they're doing; also to strengthen/encourage them emotionally, etc)
Guitar Practice (Spending time practicing guitar help keep the chops up and deters bad habits)
Household Chores (Repairs, Maintenance, Cleaning)
Online Computer (Sometimes 3 to 8 hours, depending on the day)
Free Time (What is this thing called 'Free Time'?)

Last edited:
Well, weather has cooperated lately. Got my tree down last Friday. 6 trees on my street have come down this week due to the Emerald Ash Borer. I took mine down myself everybody else hired it done but I was able to get rid of all the burnable wood via Facebook and got my stump ground out yesterday.

Made a call to my concrete guy Monday and by Tuesday evening I had a 24x20 patio poured and stamped.

Perdock Court has been busy with activity and now it looks soooooo different here.

Wife has been working 24/7 with real estate and I've been busy with work and home projects. Zero time for dirt biking, haven't gone yet this year and we really haven't been on our HD much.

We need a break so we will be taking one.

Once that is done, I have some unfinished business with Bodia and Sergio, a couple welding projects and back to recording.

Anybody else just booked to the max???
Working on a new project for my employer. Starting next year will be in Louisiana for a couple years. For now just working and noodling and fixing up round the place. A big idea at the moment is to go home to Alberta and bring the Challenger back down for a few months of fun driving. That's about it.

Looking forward to that lunch! Glad to hear things are working out!

Got a bathroom to finish putting back together. Just need to tape, primer and paint. That means I'll finally get my "Music Room" back. It's looking better in there now. It's only 30% a storage area vs. the 80% that it was. Most of the Mrs closet contents were in there, and had been since the first week in January. We ordered a new tub/shower surround (actually the plumber ordered it), and the plumber said they'd need to cut an access panel in the closet wall in order to update the pipes to meet code. Well, the closet was emptied into my room (just after it was cleaned out of everything that was in their when we had the windows replaced in December) while we waited the 4 weeks for the tub/wall unit to come in. Of course, FUBAR.....the tub came in 4 weeks later, but the walls didn't come in until mid-May. That was after I threatened to call the CEO's of the local distributor and the manufacturer. My plumber was great throughout the wait, so there was no "raising of voices" to them. He believes that the walls came in with the tub, but were damaged in shipping and no one re-ordered.

At any rate, they came a couple of weeks ago to install. They get everything ripped out and discover that they won't need to cut that access panel in the closet since they can get at the pipes from the bathroom side. SLAP MY FACE!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! That means my Archon, and music room, have been covered in clothes and shoes since mid-January for NO REASON!!!!!!!!!! AGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha ha. We HAVE to be related!

Get up, listen to music, shower, eat, practice/play til my fingers hurt...eat...listen to music, play til my fingers hurt...listen to music, play till my fingers stop working...sleep/listen to music...repeat....seriously.

If you factor in the occasional trip to "Wally World", walking dogs, potty breaks, and gettin my fuzz on...I would say I am pretty slammed these days...I don't know how I get it all done either.

Yeah, yeah...I already know...I'm a slacker. Sorry, not sorry.:D

I am hosting a family gathering/graduation party tomorrow. I took today off to mow, trim, set up tents and tables, make a Sams Club run, fill coolers, and clean. Had family pictures done as well (I didn't make that stupid decision). Ran to the grocery store on the way back but without the list.....I'll be going back in the morning. Looking at about 100-125 people trickling in and out through the day.

After this, I need to gut my patio, rebuild my marriage, build a deck, get a foundation laid for a garage, and somehow find time to eat, sleep reasonably well, play guitar, and keep my stick on the ice. Duct tape doesn't fix everything or mend time.

Back