Switchcraft 3 way toggle

Jerm's Eriza 24-08

Hey guys, I bought a Switchcraft to replace my toggle switch in my 24-08. The factory switch contacts are a little different than the switchcraft. Does anybody have any diagrams of how it should be? Thanks in advance brothers!

I don't have a diagram but just compare both switches and think it through.....you'll see that one of the leads is the "output" (so to speak) of the switch. It is the one that the other two (one OR the other) are going to make contact with as you move the toggle. The other two are the "inputs" coming from each of the pickups. These will be obvious if you look closely because they are the ones that make no contact to the "output" in one position or the other.......if that makes sense.

I am assuming yours is an SE, I also installed a Swithcraft in my SE 24-08. I can take a photo later this evening if the above doesn't make sense.

Yes I do. I was just curious because on the switchcraft there is a side with 2 contacts and the 3. The 3 is pretty straight forward but on the factory switch there are 2 wire that are soldered together, so my question is should I squeeze the 2 contacts together on the switchcraft and solder the double wire to the connected contacts or should I separate them and solder them individually on each contact?

My memory sucks....but that sounds right.
Again, I can take a picture of mine tonight if you like.

Yes I do. I was just curious because on the switchcraft there is a side with 2 contacts and the 3. The 3 is pretty straight forward but on the factory switch there are 2 wire that are soldered together, so my question is should I squeeze the 2 contacts together on the switchcraft and solder the double wire to the connected contacts or should I separate them and solder them individually on each contact?
Hopefully this helps..

Screenshot_20230125_165912_Gallery714726c60f8c3cc2.jpg

It does! Thanks you so much! Yea it looks like they pinch the two contacts together, so that totally answers my question

Yes that’s the output lugs. Solder them together with the hot output wire. I’ve done a ton of SE/S2’s to Switchcrafts. It’s a must in my mind. A 15 min easy upgrade to top of the line quality. I’ve had many of the cheaper act erratically and got tired of deoxit spraying.

Yes that’s the output lugs. Solder them together with the hot output wire. I’ve done a ton of SE/S2’s to Switchcrafts. It’s a must in my mind. A 15 min easy upgrade to top of the line quality. I’ve had many of the cheaper act erratically and got tired of deoxit spraying.
I ordered the switch and it was supposed to be in the empty Amazon bag on my front porch today, smh. Gotta wait 2 more days but thanks for the heads up. That's what I plan to do

Back