Sweetwater Gearfest 2018

I am happy to report that I purchased a PRS SVN. Normally the idea of seven or eight string guitars sounded foreign to me but I gave it a try at Sweetwater, it sounded awesome and I didn't have much trouble finding my way on it so I figured why the heck not. :)

Good seeing 11and Boogie Friday.

I got in Thursday night and back home Sunday morning. I've been going to Gear Fest for years. I really like it. The workshops and deals are great.

I bought some stuff, which is always the plan so I can take advantage of the sales. There were some incredible deals for sure.

I was hoping to see and potentially score that new Dusty sig. I didn't see them anywhere to try. I think they were out of stock. They had an MT15 to try, but I didn't wait around to try it.

Anyways, good stuff. If anyone is looking to go next year hit me up. I can give you the finer details of attending. They've already announced dates for next year.

Best friend from high school works at Sweetwater....that's all I've got.

I'd certainly consider working there if they ever hired for my role in IT. I'm guessing their IT department isn't large enough to warrant it though, which is a total bummer because gear at cost is legit!

I'd certainly consider working there if they ever hired for my role in IT. I'm guessing their IT department isn't large enough to warrant it though, which is a total bummer because gear at cost is legit!

Same here. My parents live just on the other side of the IN/OH state line near Ft. Wayne, and I've considered applying for an IT job there I ever needed to move closer to home to take care of them.

I am happy to report that I purchased a PRS SVN. Normally the idea of seven or eight string guitars sounded foreign to me but I gave it a try at Sweetwater, it sounded awesome and I didn't have much trouble finding my way on it so I figured why the heck not. :)

I looked around when I was in the PRS tent and didn't see an SVN. Then again, I already have a Cu24-7 and don't really need another...

Another thing that happened in the PRS tent:

PRSh: "Hi, I'm Paul."
ME: [*mildly starstruck*] "...uh, hi, I'm Troy. I think you made most of my music gear."
PRSh: "Is that a good thing?"
ME: "...I don't know." [*facepalm*]

Best friend from high school works at Sweetwater....that's all I've got.

Is he a sales rep? If so, PM me his info. I've been wanting to start an "account" with them for a while now.

Another thing that happened in the PRS tent:

PRSh: "Hi, I'm Paul."
ME: [*mildly starstruck*] "...uh, hi, I'm Troy. I think you made most of my music gear."
PRSh: "Is that a good thing?"
ME: "...I don't know." [*facepalm*]

Oh man... you blew it! LOL

I saw Farrah Fawcett back in 1984:
Farrah: "HI!"
Me; urhhss (with a slight drool)
Farrah: "how are you?"
Me: "ruarahhar" (more drool)
Farrah: "well ok, it was nice to talk to you."
Me: "UUUUrrrr" (lots of drool, fast breathing, had already broken out in a sweat, and peed a little in my pants)

I got the feeling she was used to it, because she smiled very sweetly as she walked away. I, however, have been scarred for life. I mean, I missed my big chance!

Perhaps you'll get a second chance. I never did. :(

I looked around when I was in the PRS tent and didn't see an SVN. Then again, I already have a Cu24-7 and don't really need another...

I found it in the main building's guitar room, almost directly ahead as you first enter the building. The tent didn't have any SEs.

Is he a sales rep? If so, PM me his info. I've been wanting to start an "account" with them for a while now.

Oh man... you blew it! LOL

Me: "UUUUrrrr" (lots of drool, fast breathing, had already broken out in a sweat, and peed a little in my pants)

I got the feeling she was used to it, because she smiled very sweetly as she walked away. I, however, have been scarred for life. I mean, I missed my big chance!

Perhaps you'll get a second chance. I never did. :(

CHOKING NOISES...

:eek:;)

I’m like that meeting just about any woman. It’s one reason I never leave my basement.

Too kind. o_O:D

There was a smokin’ deal yesterday on a Santana Retro but I just couldnt bond with the color scheme. I thought 11Top was going to buy it, for a minute. But then he came around and had that PS glint in his eye. I had to step back before I got infected...or pressured by Paul. :eek:

I can help you with at Santana need :)

I’m like that meeting just about any woman. It’s one reason I never leave my basement.

I can see where that would be an issue. Especially the peeing thing at the end. :D

Farrah was the "stun gun" of that decade though, to many. When one of the most beautiful women ever (Jaclyn) is on a TV show, and isn't the prettiest woman on the show... you know you've got a drop dead knockout. Back then, Farrah was jaw droppingly beautiful. And, she came on the scene with I was a teenager, so... ;)

Back