Swart amps?

disco13

I recently came across swart amps and don’t know much about them. Anybody have experience with them? The atomic jr is the one that caught my eye. These similar to a fender custom champ?

Swart amps could be loosely described as "somewhere in-between tweed and blackface"... the original Swart, the AST, used a Gibson Falcon as it's inspiration, I believe.

Less headroom and more mids than blackface amps, but more headroom and less mids than tweeds.... does this make them similar to brown/blonde Fenders? I know they are very popular with owners... from everything I've read over the last dozen years, most owners don't sell them. An AST (a MKII, actually) has been on my bucket list for awhile.

I played with a friend who uses them exclusively. He is totally into the British blues/rock thing (because he’s, well, British) and they do that really well. Made in North Carolina. One of my sisters lives in Wilmington, where he is based. He’s supposed to be a nice guy.

The original AST was basically a Gibson-ish circuit with a Greenback (Mojo BV-25), so that speaker is British flavored, but the circuit isn't.

Back