Surprise Incoming! Reclaimed Vela

Skeeter

I just happened to be poking around Reverb and found a Reclaimed Vela being sold at list price. This happened a couple months ago and I passed on it because - while I thought it was a cool run and the Vela always seemed intriguing - I wasn't thinking of buying one, nor did I appreciate the crazy demand out there.

Well, this one was listed just an hour ago and I wasn't going to make that mistake again!

So, without further ado, here's my Memorial Day weekend surprise:
5EB499AA-FF85-4DFC-9B0F-3EBD5F70B97B_zpspcrfd4zh.jpg

7421FE00-3463-48A5-A0B0-87BBB847D442_zps7yk0mcc5.jpg

2CDEB352-491E-4CBD-8AFC-9A5751183DC9_zpsgd528hto.jpg

looks awesome, I'll have to follow that title now in hopes to score...sooner or later someones gonna get GAS and unload.

The front is gorgeous, but the back is completely off-the-chain insane!!! Love it!!

Cool, thanks everyone! Now while I have the long wait for it to cross the country - I couldn't help but realize this is the first "single-coil oriented" PRS I've ever bought. Can't wait to hear the Type-D pickup.

I'm not familiar with the Starla, and I'm sure the bridge pup is cool - HOWEVER, I feel like with the semi-hollow body, and neck pickup, this guitar is screaming for something like a P90 in the bridge. I'm thinking a humbucker-sized P90 like a Bareknuckle Nantucket or Mississippi Queen OR Anderson's fantastic PH series. I have Anderson silent P90s (PQ1 and PQ3) in a guitar and absolutely love them.

Anyways, if nothing else it gives me something to research to kill time. I really want the pickups to be fairly low output and be able to clean up well to show off the natural resonance of this cool, unusual Brazilian Wood. Maybe a 53/10, if I can find one, would be a good choice?

In general, anyone else try something different than the Starla bridge in their Velas?

Cool, thanks everyone! Now while I have the long wait for it to cross the country - I couldn't help but realize this is the first "single-coil oriented" PRS I've ever bought. Can't wait to hear the Type-D pickup.

I'm not familiar with the Starla, and I'm sure the bridge pup is cool - HOWEVER, I feel like with the semi-hollow body, and neck pickup, this guitar is screaming for something like a P90 in the bridge. I'm thinking a humbucker-sized P90 like a Bareknuckle Nantucket or Mississippi Queen OR Anderson's fantastic PH series. I have Anderson silent P90s (PQ1 and PQ3) in a guitar and absolutely love them.

Anyways, if nothing else it gives me something to research to kill time. I really want the pickups to be fairly low output and be able to clean up well to show off the natural resonance of this cool, unusual Brazilian Wood. Maybe a 53/10, if I can find one, would be a good choice?

In general, anyone else try something different than the Starla bridge in their Velas?

Thanks to Pete, I have a set of Kinman P90s in an SC594. They're really cool. Might be a good choice for the Vela.

Back