Super Rare Bird Quiz---What Model is This?

Rockmark

Only this clue, the photo, however it is quite deceptive. The Pro PRS affectionados may know. Bwahahaha!

Hmm...

McCarty of some kind with a one piece top and 57/08s. Unusual. But that's all I see to go on. Could be a one-piece Ted but I don't think that color was offered.

Also, cream pickup rings and dark switch tip are unusual.

It could be anything if its Private Stock...

Based on the fact that the picture is deceptive, then something is obviously not usual. PU's can be changed around anyway, so I doubt that is the most deceptive element - that leaves the fixed Bridge (the guitar 'normally has a trem) or the position of the switch.I am thinking that the model is more likely to be a fixed bridge version of something so I think a fixed tail Santana with a one piece top...

Oh I know that guitar.
It’s the Roginald Pissbuckle Signature Model, in paint by nostrils burst. It has an onion bean neck (hample pepple) with a spoon browned, eltralong, delerioplatz carpulator. It comes with ascites paper work, so needs to have a heart transplant at some point. Where did you find it? Last I heard, it had spun and melted into the mind of Snedge Delpherhüst

Elliott nailed it and I can't figure how. Wedge was close. It's from the NOS second 2012 run of ME1's. The back of the headstock is stamped 2012. I have another nos from 2012 stamped 2007. That one has hybrid hardware. Most of the first run had hybrid hardware gold/silver, and all had RP pups, since 5708's were not created yet. This particular one had a special order on the tag of 10 top so somebody inside PRS decided that an upgrade from the norm would be a 1 Piece.:eek::D Of all ME1's ever made there may be 6 or 7 one piece tops. This is one of the only 2 in faded blue jean that had appeared. I added the braz switch tip.

Last edited:
Elliott nailed it and I can't figure how. Wedge was close. It's from the NOS second 2112 run of ME1's. The back of the headstock is stamped 2112. I have another nos from 2112 stamped 2007. That one has hybrid hardware. Most of the first run had hybrid hardware gold/silver, and all had RP pups, since 5708's were not created yet. This particular one had a special order on the tag of 10 top so somebody inside PRS decided that an upgrade from the norm would be a 1 Piece.:eek::D Of all ME1's ever made there may be 6 or 7 one piece tops. This is one of the only 2 in faded blue jean that had appeared. I added the braz switch tip.

Killer guitar! Awesome number on it, too!

Elliott nailed it and I can't figure how. Wedge was close. It's from the NOS second 2112 run of ME1's. The back of the headstock is stamped 2112. I have another nos from 2112 stamped 2007. That one has hybrid hardware. Most of the first run had hybrid hardware gold/silver, and all had RP pups, since 5708's were not created yet. This particular one had a special order on the tag of 10 top so somebody inside PRS decided that an upgrade from the norm would be a 1 Piece.:eek::D Of all ME1's ever made there may be 6 or 7 one piece tops. This is one of the only 2 in faded blue jean that had appeared. I added the braz switch tip.

From the year 2112? That’s a cool (Rush) trick! :)

The satin finish in FBJ was the key. I think the 57/08 limited run had gloss tops. The 59/09 limiteds had satin tops.

My crystal ball says "One Piece Tops Rule!"

Elliott nailed it and I can't figure how.

Too much time on this forum and reverb. But also learning from all the guys here with a lot more knowledge than myself.

The biggest hint was your clue. It could be anything based on the picture. But the fact that you said it was “rare”.

The color, lots of modern eagles with that finish, (at least from what I’ve seen on the internet). Single piece top didn’t affect my guess, I don’t see any rhyme or reason to why most Non-ps Prs get single piece tops. 57/08’s I’ve seen on modern eagles.

Bit without the hint, I would’ve come up short.

Back