Super Models (plug in)

Here’s a song that uses only the PRS Supermodels plug-in.....& only the Archon model.

It’s called “Follow the Leader” & a Work in progress...not mixed, not mastered....& blah, blah, blah

It’s the tone I like & go for.....it feels good and has great sustain.

I used the Drive pedal #IV I believe too....

Peace! X-Mann

PS - I’m hoping my MT 15 Tremonti amp will Sound this good too!

Last edited:
Here’s a song that uses only the PRS Supermodels plug-in.....& only the Archon model.

It’s called “Follow the Leader” & a Work in progress...not mixed, not mastered....& blah, blah, blah......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxlj69z7yh9by4c/X-Mann - Follow The Leader.wav?dl=0

It’s the tone I like & go for.....it feels good and has great sustain.

I used the Drive pedal #IV I believe too....

Peace! X-Mann

PS - I’m hoping my MT 15 Tremonti amp will Sound this good too!

\m/ Sounds great! My kinda tune!

\m/ Sounds great! My kinda tune!
Thx guys.....I’m trying really hard to write, record & relase a FUN solo album, but doing it all from my basement studio. I truly have no clue what I’m doing & spend a lot of time frustrated w/ the mixing side of things.....

I call this “Melodic Shred” & have two tracks on ITunes as “X-Mann” that fall in this style.

I have a track w/ no leads yet titled “Bender” & it has the Archon dialed-in a little different.

I used two tracks panned hard right & left....These tracks are in sync a lot of the time, but have some octave tapping parts......

Again....A work in progress, not mixed....& blah, blah, blah......

Welcome to X’s “Bender” track!!!

I think this track sounds BIG & tight like a Tiger....Grrrrr....

I’m blown away by the PRS amps in the Supermodels plug-in! I own the Fractal AX8, but find the tones & workflow of this plug-in way better for me. I sound like me (for better or worse) no matter what & just like the amp feel that’s captured here w/ ease!

Peace! X-Mann

Last edited:
Hmmm...for some reason I can’t get the link to work.

I’ll give it a go on my other computer later on; would love to hear it.

I truly have no clue what I’m doing & spend a lot of time frustrated w/ the mixing side of things.....

Mixing’s hard. I do this stuff for a living and have no clue. It’s all trial-and-error, unless you want everything to sound formulaic.

The good news is that mixing’s a process and an art, and by all that’s holy to the gods of music, it should ideally be a voyage of discovery. Plug-and-play solutions sound ordinary.

Enjoy the process; the results will come.

This one sounds good too! Enjoyed both of them. From the name, I was expecting some wild Vai-brat-toe on this one. :D Guess I got the wrong "bender." LOL

And yeah, I hear ya on the mixing side of things. I do it love all the time, but with recording I get caught up in options.... trying this and that, changing the compression or EQ on one thing or more... eventually leads to ear burnout. And don't even ask me about the time I did a supposed final mix with headphones... listened to it on the way to church to use the track. Pro Tip- don't finalize your reverb level with mixing with headphones, unless you've done it before and know...! LOL WAAAAAYYY too much reverb. ouch.

Hmmm...for some reason I can’t get the link to work.

I’ll give it a go on my other computer later on; would love to hear it.

Mixing’s hard. I do this stuff for a living and have no clue. It’s all trial-and-error, unless you want everything to sound formulaic.

The good news is that mixing’s a process and an art, and by all that’s holy to the gods of music, it should ideally be a voyage of discovery. Plug-and-play solutions sound ordinary.

Enjoy the process; the results will come.
Thx & I know if I did more songs & did them more consistently, it would get a little easier.

I know when I’m getting close or closer & I’m very happy with my progress so far.....but there are days when the lack of knowledge shows or ear fatigue sets in. Lol

I do all of this for fun & it really is a lot of fun on most days.

Thanks for the words & advice!

X

This one sounds good too! Enjoyed both of them. From the name, I was expecting some wild Vai-brat-toe on this one. :D Guess I got the wrong "bender." LOL

And yeah, I hear ya on the mixing side of things. I do it love all the time, but with recording I get caught up in options.... trying this and that, changing the compression or EQ on one thing or more... eventually leads to ear burnout. And don't even ask me about the time I did a supposed final mix with headphones... listened to it on the way to church to use the track. Pro Tip- don't finalize your reverb level with mixing with headphones, unless you've done it before and know...! LOL WAAAAAYYY too much reverb. ouch.
The name “Bender” comes from the original title “Blues Bender” & a nod to my love for Blues Saraceno actually.

The leads will totally change the song....as they always do. I hope that’s for the better, but time will tell.

I agree 110%, lots of options can paralyze you or make you think that you need to try everything out.

I learned about FX level from tuning in my live amp rig at volume. The ear burn-out happens to me a lot too.

I’m just very happy with this plug-in & the Archon model really is a home run for me. I have nothing to compare it to & never played an actual one.

I do own a lot of great tube amps & this plug-in records just like my real tube amps. The Archon has a power to it & feel that I really love.

Thanks for all the comments, info & talk!

Peace! Tim

Well, as I and may others here can attest too, the Archon is a GREAT amp. Honestly, I love the amp so much I'd pay 50 bucks for the for some plugins if they were really even close, if I used them. My digital device is the Atomic AmpliFire, which so far doesn't have any Archon models. Trust me, I've requested them at the AF forum. :)

The name “Bender” comes from the original title “Blues Bender” & a nod to my love for Blues Saraceno actually.

I like this one a lot, too! Sounds like what I like to listen to. Blues Saraceno! Dig that dude! Not that Poison is a great band, but the album he did with them was there best, IMO.

I like this one a lot, too! Sounds like what I like to listen to. Blues Saraceno! Dig that dude! Not that Poison is a great band, but the album he did with them was there best, IMO.
Talk about a great side bar discussion!!!!

My love for Blues got me to that “Crack a Smile” CD by Poison that was not released till 10-years later.

I love all the guitars on it & the solos are Epic!!! I know that Saraceno produced that CD & I actually like a lot of the songs too.

I know, I know, all of my credibility is now gone, “X-Mann” likes a Poison CD (& just refered to himself in 3rd person)....What a D.B.!!!!

I’m such a Blues fan that I even converted his instructional guitar VHS tape to digital. Lol

Great talk Bodia!!! Go to google & type in “X-Mann TV Twenty” & check out my Samick Guitar obsession....

Peace! X

Talk about a great side bar discussion!!!!

My love for Blues got me to that “Crack a Smile” CD by Poison that was not released till 10-years later.

I love all the guitars on it & the solos are Epic!!! I know that Saraceno produced that CD & I actually like a lot of the songs too.

I know, I know, all of my credibility is now gone, “X-Mann” likes a Poison CD (& just refered to himself in 3rd person)....What a D.B.!!!!

I’m such a Blues fan that I even converted his instructional guitar VHS tape to digital. Lol

Great talk Bodia!!! Go to google & type in “X-Mann TV Twenty” & check out my Samick Guitar obsession....

Peace! X

Nice!

“X-Mann” likes a Poison CD

I'm just quoting this since we all know that later, you'll decide to edit it and it will be gone forever.

:p:p:p Just kidding of course.

I didn't even know Blues had ever played with them, btw. Might have listened to them on purpose if I had. :)

I'm just quoting this since we all know that later, you'll decide to edit it and it will be gone forever.

:p:p:p Just kidding of course.

I didn't even know Blues had ever played with them, btw. Might have listened to them on purpose if I had. :)
LMFAO!!!

I won’t remove it & have no shame!!!

The solos and tone that Blues Saraceno got out of his Dirty Boy amp on the Poison “Crack a Smile” album is some of his best work. It’s very EVH & has so much feeling to it. Most will never hear it either because of where, when & who it was done with.

I made some of these solos Ring Tones on my iPhone too!!!!

X

PS - If this statement gets me banned here, then so be it. I’ll let the 3 of you guys get back to chatting without me! :D

Last edited:
Look man, (edit) "Mann" we don't ban people here. Especially people we like. We just make fun of them. And the more we like them, the more we make fun of them, so hang on. :D

p.s. you should have seen the carnage after I admitted I liked The Captain and Tennille!" Brutal. If I didn't have pretty thick skin, I never would have survived that one.

Thx & I know if I did more songs & did them more consistently, it would get a little easier.

I know when I’m getting close or closer & I’m very happy with my progress so far.....but there are days when the lack of knowledge shows or ear fatigue sets in. Lol

I do all of this for fun & it really is a lot of fun on most days.

Thanks for the words & advice!

X

Sounds good!

Ear fatigue is definitely a thing; as everyone else will tell you, take frequent breaks, and come back to the mix with fresh ears often.

Also...

There’s a wonderful new plugin on the Plugin Alliance site that’s available as a free demo (not even for sale yet!) called MetricAB. In addition to having several frequency and loudness measuring tools, its main purpose is to let you load in a mix you like, and be able to AB it with your mix as both mixes play.

Really helps identify problems.

LMFAO!!!

I won’t remove it & have no shame!!!

The solos and tone that Blues Saraceno got out of his Dirty Boy amp on the Poison “Crack a Smile” album is some of his best work. It’s very EVH & has so much feeling to it. Most will never hear it either because of where, when & who it was done with.

I made some of these solos Ring Tones on my iPhone too!!!!

X

PS - If this statement gets me banned here, then so be it. I’ll let the 3 of you guys get back to chatting without me! :D

Look man, (edit) "Mann" we don't ban people here. Especially people we like. We just make fun of them. And the more we like them, the more we make fun of them, so hang on. :D

Make fun of people? Here? Oh yeah, DTR, lets see that Speedo pic of you again. This time while you're listening to your beloved Winger! :p:p:p

btw....I like Winger too

Back