Super Eagle III?

Alas, when I'm not on the road working with JM, I spend the majority of my time lusting after a Super Eagle. The market for used ones is rather thin at the moment. As we are rapidly approaching the "anniversary" of the SEI/SEII release dates, I wonder if Paul and the gang have any plans for a third release now that the Silver Sky is so popular. Seems like they would be diluting the value of what's already out there, but man, I could really use another crack at one of these.

(Note: JM and I do not discuss new instruments in our sessions, or I would get my answer straight from the horses mouth)

I would love a Super Eagle but out of my price range... like way out. Wish they would make 10 top versions, more affordable types other than just Private Stock grade.

Paul (and Paul Miles) said not at the recent UK roadshow. Apparantly the PS dept is always getting requests for these specs. According to Paul the biggest issue (and apparant cost) was the time sheilding the internals for the amounts of electronics..'theres alot of electronics inside those guitars which takes along time to shield'.....was the phrase. This couldnt be painted and had to be copper film due to the potential for the copper paint to flake later.

This might pose some challenges from an ethical standpoint. Plus, I'd feel I was entitled to a royalty at that point, and I'm not sure JM can afford to split the pie
I can see you've thought this through. I don't doubt your professionalism now. However, I am having some misgivings about your commitment to getting an SEIII. Perhaps we should schedule a session.

In, but will it come with the newly sticker/painted f-hole? o_O
DRqxO1i.jpg

I want it ALL. Preamp, Nearfield, taps. ALL of
It. For like $5k. Please please please
Narrowfields perhaps ? I'm not greedy, I'll take a three pickup, semi-hollow that I could coil tap the neck or bridge and a five way blade. I'd live on the middle/bridge anyway. I've got enough pedals to do the preamp/buffer and the scale length doesn't matter, it would make it a more difficult "one off" for the production line. Keep it simple, use an existing platform and make a few tweaks. I would like Trampus/Hemp Green though.

a kind of semi-hollow McCarty with these three pickups (with their split switches ) could/would be enough and ok for me ;):rolleyes:

Honestly that would work for me too. I asked my dealer to order one through the Custom Shop, and they said PRS wouldn’t do it on account of their agreement with JM. Interesting since it’s not technically a signature model.

Back