Super Dallas Reset Day

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
It was like any other day, until I got bored.

This was one of those surprisingly good days with my gear. For the first time in a long time, I brought the 2x12 upstairs, zero'ed out the Super Dallas' controls, and reset the dirt pedals. With a nod toward the David Grissom school of tone, I pushed the amp hard and kept the gain down on the Klon and BB Preamp. The results were stunning. Of course the DGT sounded insanely good, but the real jewel of the day was the SE One! I offer no clips, but if anyone's interested in the details, here's what I had blasting...

rig_best1.jpg

rig_best2.jpg

rig_best3.jpg

rig_best4.jpg

When was the last time you started from a clean slate?

Oh, and every 2x12 should be inspected by a cat. It's just safer that way.

Yep. That cat spray smell is impossible to remove.
Also, It's an important thing to work with what you got....rather than trying to buy some magic pill.....

I love how you've found such a great and satisfying gear grouping.
Gear grouping... GEAR GROUPING???!!!!???
Who da heck says that?
I dunno... I just got home from practice and I'm having a nightcap. So there... that's my excuse....:oops:

They also pee on the grill...
Never happened at Chez Boogie. We don't allow uncouth hillbilly cats in the house. That's more likely to happen at one of the venues we play, by one of the patrons. :rolleyes:

Dave, you can call the gear "a group" if you want. After all, it is a grouping of gear.

Never happened at Chez Boogie. We don't allow uncouth hillbilly cats in the house. That's more likely to happen at one of the venues we play, by one of the patrons. :rolleyes:

Dave, you can call the gear "a group" if you want. After all, it is a grouping of gear.

I thought everything in Indiana was hillbilly? :D:p

It's funny. I've primarily played the clean channel on my Archon at home for the past couple weeks. Anyone that knows me, gets that is a little weird for me. I've been just trying to do different things out of my norm lately. I don't remember if I started from scratch on the controls of the clean channel. I'm not sure where they are at currently, I'd have to look. I threw my AC Booster and HOF out front and have played a variety of guitars this way. Also added a Belle Epoch into the mix the other day. That delay gives a really cool aura so speak. It's less about the delay itself but all the colors it adds I think. Not sure if it's a long term pedal for me or not. We'll see.

OK... thanks man... but it still sounds a little off this morning.:p

I thought everything in Indiana was hillbilly? :D:p
Hey we are NOT south of the Mason-Dixon. However, that element has a very strong union around here. o_O And their cats aren't allowed outside the trailer park.

It's funny. I've primarily played the clean channel on my Archon at home for the past couple weeks. Anyone that knows me, gets that is a little weird for me. I've been just trying to do different things out of my norm lately. I don't remember if I started from scratch on the controls of the clean channel. I'm not sure where they are at currently, I'd have to look. I threw my AC Booster and HOF out front and have played a variety of guitars this way. Also added a Belle Epoch into the mix the other day. That delay gives a really cool aura so speak. It's less about the delay itself but all the colors it adds I think. Not sure if it's a long term pedal for me or not. We'll see.
I totally get it. Dirtying up a clean channel yields a completely different result than using a gain channel. Completely. And the reverb/delay/trem on the front end also yields a different experience from the loop. It makes you think differently, too. Are you thinking of bringing this setup to your stage rig?

Last edited:
Hey we are NOT south of the Mason-Dixon. However, that element has a very strong union around here. o_O And their cats aren't allowed outside the trailer park.

I totally get it. Dirtying up a clean channel yields a completely different result than using a gain channel. Completely. And the reverb/delay/trem on the front end also yields a different experience from the loop. It makes you think differently, too. Are you thinking of bringing this setup to your stage rig?

My bad! Id better be nice if I expect to get sauce again! :p

Bodia knows that Eau de Indiana that wafts through the atmosphere the minute he leaves Chicago and heads East...

;)

Not really, I could do something similar though since I have the AC on my gig board too. With the ES-8, I can change the pedal order and move the pedals in and out of the loop. I'd be using the H9 for the verb and delay stuff. Probably the Belle Epoch might be toughest. Like I said, I'm not sure it's really for me but I got a cool vibe going with it. I may mess around and set some stuff up on my gig board with everything out front of the clean channel...why not? Just programming differently.

Not really, I could do something similar though since I have the AC on my gig board too. With the ES-8, I can change the pedal order and move the pedals in and out of the loop.

I'd love to hear about how you like that piece, if it affects the tone, etc. I think it's a great idea. I've been looking at the Gig Rig for that very ability to change pedal order.

I'd love to hear about how you like that piece, if it affects the tone, etc. I think it's a great idea. I've been looking at the Gig Rig for that very ability to change pedal order.
I love it. Haven't really heard it affect tone at all that I can tell but I'd have to bring it home to get a more definitive answer.

Back