Summertime Marina Gigs & Gear Used

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Last year I kind of stuck to the same 2 guitars all summer. We play a ton of marina gigs, right now we have one Friday night off from now until the end of August. Every other Friday and all Saturdays are booked. This year I plan to mix it up. I always take Mr. P, 2012 P22, because of the piezo. We mix in 8 or 10 tunes with acoustic on them during a typical show. It has proven a worthy partner on those 100+ heat index days. YIKES! In this picture the other guitar I call The Green Monster. Warmoth alder body, satine bare naked neck, Tom Anderson HSS pickups that was assembled in 2000 and has been gigged extensively, because it's just a damn HUGE sounding Strat! The H & K Tubemeister18 has proven itself as well, once I put real glass in it and threw away the C#@%^*e junk! Anyway, my plan is to take a differnt second guitar every weekend. I'll try to get pics as I go.
T0dstSD.jpg

How do you like the Hughes and Kettner? Especially with the PRS

How do you like the Hughes and Kettner? Especially with the PRS
It has really been working well for me. We play a big variety of material, and don't have a sound person. I'm able to get many different tones that are usable, and having 2 channels is a must for boosting leads. It works great with PRS guitars, which to me have always had a wide sweep on the tone control. The built-in Red Box has a nice thump to it through the PA.

Back