summer NAMM

horax

Any ideas on what we could be seeing in a few weeks at Summer NAMM?
WInter showed us a few surprises...and we're still waiting on the availability of hte Santana singlecut se and paul's guitar se...

What do you think we will see, or what do you WANT to see?

I'd like to see a Chris Robertson in green, personally....and new Opeth Signatures.

Any ideas on what we could be seeing in a few weeks at Summer NAMM?
WInter showed us a few surprises...and we're still waiting on the availability of hte Santana singlecut se and paul's guitar se...

What do you think we will see, or what do you WANT to see?

I'd like to see a Chris Robertson in green, personally....and new Opeth Signatures.

I don't particularly want too much, if anything 'new' to be announced at Summer NAMM. Having spent the last 6months saving hard to be in a position to buy my new PRS Special 22 Semi Hollow (which annoyingly has been delayed in getting here until tomorrow due to 'Operating Conditions' with the courier), I don't really want any 'new' must haves to be revealed. Funnily enough, within a few weeks of the last 3 NAMM's starting, I have purchased a new PRS. Summer 2018 was when I got my Custom 24, before Winter 2019, I bought my Hollowbody ii and just before Summer 2019, I have bought my PRS Special. That's some hat-trick but I cannot continue to add new PRS guitars before any more NAMM's. 1 more would seriously be pushing my limits of space and any more than that would probably require me to sell/trade due to maxing out the space I have. I would love to add 594 Hollowbody but even that I am looking at ways to rearrange my apartment to facilitate that.

Having spoken to Chris (albeit through someone), its unlikely we will see a new Chris Robertson in the near future. Its been discontinued with no 'current' plans to introduce a new model. I do wonder if PRS will bring an SE version of the 594 or Silver Sky to market although these I think would face a LOT more competition from all the other manufacturers making versions of these - assuming Gibson hasn't sued everyone else for making their own LP type gutar.

After Guitars, that leaves just Pedals and Amps - maybe we will see a few pedals from other manufacturers. Whether PRS want to jump into this market or not, we will see. I wonder if we will see some Amp Heads that are similar in function to the PT15? Boss have an extended version of what the PT 15 offers - without the Amp of course but it can be plugged into any head to do something similar to the PT15 so I wonder if they or any other Amp manufacturer will make amps with built in Reactive Load boxes.Its hard to think of anything in both the amp and pedal market doing something fundamentally new.

The only thing that we may see is minor revision to existing models - the TCI approach to full size Humbuckers so the split coil sounds 'better' rather than just the Paul's - essentially a 85/15 TCI PU in the Custom 24-08 and maybe even get a 22-08 model as well to take full advantage of these. With the PRS Special 22 being a Limited Edition, maybe they will come out with a new Limited Edition guitar.

Not long and we shall soon see....

I'm actually gonna be there (gimme a shout if anyone else is going). Doesn't look like PRS is on the exhibitor's list on the NAMM website. I guess they won't be there?

They’re coming out with my Signature model.

“Liar.”

“Yeah, I confess. What was the giveaway?”

“You mean, besides your playing?”

“C’mon, man. I’m SO badass.”

“C’mon, man, I’m SO BAD. There. Fixed it for you.” :rolleyes:

CKRGeMP.jpg

I'm actually gonna be there (gimme a shout if anyone else is going). Doesn't look like PRS is on the exhibitor's list on the NAMM website. I guess they won't be there?

I thought I read in another thread here, that they wouldn't be there. Maybe because G innovated NAMM and would sue PRS if they came? :D

On the Facebook PRS owners page they are linking articles speaking to an SE Silver Sky release at NAMM.

I like it!!!

However, you can get a USA strat for about the same price point.

Thoughts?

I have high-end US made Strats, and in many ways the quality of my SEs equal or surpass them, so I would probably go for the SE SS myself.

On the Facebook PRS owners page they are linking articles speaking to an SE Silver Sky release at NAMM.

I like it!!!

However, you can get a USA strat for about the same price point.

Thoughts?
I kinda doubt it considering there's no indication that PRS is even going to be at Summer NAMM, but what do I know? That being said, an S type guitar doesn't match up to the type of music I play, so the US made Silver Sky isn't super enticing for me, but I'd definitely be interested in one if they made an SE version.

Back