Summer Concert Time!

Lots of things, but the weekend of July 19th will be fun

Fly to Chicago>Pearl Jam Wrigley Field Friday Night>Phish Northerly Pavilion Saturday/Sunday>Fly home>MMJ/Wilco/Dylan on Tuesday

I am going to the Aristrocrats in August as well in Madison, WI. I also have tickets to Rock USA (http://www.rockusaoshkosh.com/). Can't wait to see Van Halen again!!!

Got tickets to Sir Paul McCartney on July 16th. Also will be seeing The Winery Dogs on August 8th. I would have loved to go to Summerfest and see a bunch of bands, but scheduling gets in the way.

Lots of things, but the weekend of July 19th will be fun

Fly to Chicago>Pearl Jam Wrigley Field Friday Night>Phish Northerly Pavilion Saturday/Sunday>Fly home>MMJ/Wilco/Dylan on Tuesday

Holy Crap! That' gonn be a fun trip.

Just found out Vintage Trouble are going to be here in August, playing a little bar we play all the time.

Just found out Vintage Trouble are going to be here in August, playing a little bar we play all the time.

Cool! Hope they're touring around here, too - I can't wait to see them again.

Went to see the Jill And Julia Show Saturday night. Jill Sobule and Julia Sweeney - they alternated between Jill songs and Julia stories. Very small club, so I ended up standing about six feet in front of Jill. She's a great songwriter. I was never a Julia Sweeney fan in the SNL years, but she was very funny all night.

Next up may be the Flaming Lips - going to hold off a bit to see what the weather's like.

Skynyrd/Bad Co (with my Bud, Markie) a week from Saturday.
Keith Urban in August
Queens of the Stoneage in September (new album is bada$$!)
PRS Experience in Sept.

Plus, my band has a gig this Saturday, and a few others coming up. Summer is filled up. Life is good. :rock:

Went to see the Jill And Julia Show Saturday night. Jill Sobule and Julia Sweeney - they alternated between Jill songs and Julia stories. Very small club, so I ended up standing about six feet in front of Jill. She's a great songwriter. I was never a Julia Sweeney fan in the SNL years, but she was very funny all night.

That's a cool show. I've seen Jillma few times. Back in my acoustic life, she was on constant rotation in my house. She opened for Shawn Colvin a couple years ago, and was as good as ever. With Julia Sweeney? Quirky and cool show.

Toad the Wet Sproket was great, as usual. I even made it (kinda) into the photo Dean took during the show and posted on their Instagram flow. You can see my white shirt and arm on the far right, behind Glen. Front row, just off center! Sound wasn't the best, but that's not why you want front row, right.

http://instagram.com/p/c3R_nyv0kr/

Vintage Trouble tomorrow in Denver, if anyone in the area wants to see an awesome show in a small venue.

Then, next Thursday is Shawn Colvin back at Chautauqua. If you've never seen a show there, it's this old amazing Barn-like structure. Really unique venue.

Vintage Trouble tomorrow in Denver, if anyone in the area wants to see an awesome show in a small venue.

+1 on this recommendation. I saw them three times from Nov. through March, and I'm going to drive 2.5 hours to see them again in a week and a half. If you haven't seen these guys, it's well worth it - high energy, tight band, and the singer can work it.

This is not an aberration:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Aristocrats - HOLY SH!T. It was like some sort religious experience, a musical awakening. I feel reborn. I walked in as a more casual fan too, not hardcore into them. Mind blown. Might be the best show I've seen.

9525041796_c10a3bcc36_b.jpg

9525040156_2e6f9db9ae_b.jpg

9525039250_af5878a180_b.jpg

Amen! They totally kicked butt! I even helped them load their stuff at the end of the night.

The Aristocrats - HOLY SH!T. It was like some sort religious experience, a musical awakening. I feel reborn. I walked in as a more casual fan too, not hardcore into them. Mind blown. Might be the best show I've seen.

Awesome, aren't they? And three of the most unassuming guys - as talented as they are, that's also how egoless they come across.

Best part is I get to see Marco and Bryan again in about six weeks with Satriani - I'll probably say something to them about having to get two guitarists (Joe and Mike Keneally) to replace Guthrie. Actually, I'll probably tell them they won because Guthrie had to get Stephen Wilson's entire band to replace them!

Very cool and good to hear about their personalities.

I missed Vintage Trouble last night. :( Next time.

Awesome, aren't they? And three of the most unassuming guys - as talented as they are, that's also how egoless they come across.

Best part is I get to see Marco and Bryan again in about six weeks with Satriani - I'll probably say something to them about having to get two guitarists (Joe and Mike Keneally) to replace Guthrie. Actually, I'll probably tell them they won because Guthrie had to get Stephen Wilson's entire band to replace them!
Indeed. Some of the nicest guys I've met.

Back