Summer Concert Time!

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
Alright! The season is almost upon us. What shows are you going to see this summer? Big ones? Little ones? Your own? Will PRS be represented?

I've got a few lined up, but not much on the BIG scale.

6/13: Rachel Yamagata at the Bluebird Theater in Denver. This is going to be acoustic and piano this time around.

6/15: Tedeschi Trucks (with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals) at Red Rocks. Last time we saw Tedeschi Trucks, they left the PRS amps at home, in favor of some silver Supers. Maybe this year...

6/21: Freddy Jones Band at the Soiled Dover Underground in Denver. It seems I may have seen a PRS guitar last time.

8/10; Toad The Wet Sprocket at Chautauqua Auditorium in Boulder. This place is amazing and the band always sounds so tight. No idea about PRS on the stage. That said, PRS needs to get a Grainger in Dean's hands!

What do you got?

So far I'm definitely going to the following

311: of course Tim Mahoney will be using his SE Custom

John Mayer: John is a Fender guy

Alice In Chains & Janes Addiction: I doubt either of these bands will represent PRS, but maybe some of the several other acts on the lineup.

7cf552360738f751d4eda523c63374b4.jpg

So far I'm definitely going to the following

311: of course Tim Mahoney will be using his SE Custom

John Mayer: John is a Fender guy

Alice In Chains & Janes Addiction: I doubt either of these bands will represent PRS, but maybe some of the several other acts on the lineup.

Cool shows. Say what you will about John Mayer, but the dude rocks in concert. We caught him in a 50 person bar after his second album, when he went through his blues trio phase. It was an amazing night of blues covers, from Robert Johnson to Albert King to Clapton to Stevie. The chicks in the crowd were really pissed he didn't play Daughters.

A married female friend of mine just saw Jane's Addiction and vividly told me and my wife the things she would do to Navarro. I'm not prude, but I was totally blushing!

The only thing I have booked is the Aristocrats in August. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Satriani later this year, and I may go see the Flaming Lips in July. As of now.

The only thing I have booked is the Aristocrats in August. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Satriani later this year, and I may go see the Flaming Lips in July. As of now.

I am going to the Aristrocrats in August as well in Madison, WI. I also have tickets to Rock USA (http://www.rockusaoshkosh.com/). Can't wait to see Van Halen again!!!

in no particular order, here's my wish list, given funds
pearl jam
phish
black crows/tedeschi trucks band
robert plant
black sabbath
lynyrd skynyrd
slash

Going to see Everclear, Live, Filter & Sponge tonight for only $10. Art Alexakis is a PRS artist so I will try and get some pics, but with tropical storm Andrea here it will be tough.

Satriani is booked - second row. Was going to do the meet & greet to get the tour of his guitar area, but I came up with 300 reasons not to!

I am going to the Aristrocrats in August as well in Madison, WI. I also have tickets to Rock USA (http://www.rockusaoshkosh.com/). Can't wait to see Van Halen again!!!
I'm hitting aristocrats too.
Might see 311 at summerfest.

We are playing at Badger Bandfest tomorrow w/Eye Empire(BC uses PRS), Drowning Pool, Ugly Kid Joe and Art of Dying.

I'm off to the Download Festival next weekend. I don't know if anyone in particular uses a PRS, but I would be surprised, given the number of bands in attendance, if there isn't the odd PRS or two :)

Edit:

Jim Root (Slipknot and Stone Sour) has a Private Stock PRS

Chris Robertson (Black Stone Cherry) has a PRS David Grissom, SC245 and a Starla

Phil Campbell (Motorhead) owns a PRS but I don't think he'll have it at the festival)

Mark Hosking (Karnivool)

Last edited:
Rachel Yamagata was great, though she tends to play lots of very mellow stuff live.

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals were amazing. They put on a great, high energy show. Bottom Line: they did War Pigs...and rocked it! I think that was their first Red Rocks show, and they seemed very excited and awed by the environment.

Tedeschi Trucks Band was insane! They weren't as high energy as Grace Potter, but they variety and quality of musicians and songs were great. That band is really diverse and all the musicians are multi-instrumentalists. Awesome show. I'll post a couple pics later.

[edit: pics]
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals...from the nose bleeds
GracePotter1_zpsbe7d8899.jpg

Tedeschi Trucks, from my wife's crappy iPhone.
TampT2_zps738cc1d4.jpg

Last edited:
Friday night I am going to Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper at the Mohegan Sun, and have tickets to see Black Sabbath there in August. Is Orianthi still with Alice Cooper?

The new Black Sabbath CD kicks major ass in case anyone has not heard it yet!

seems like the rest of the summer I have plans already on the days all the rest of the good shows are coming through town.

Saw the North Mississippi Allstars last night in Norfolk. They put on one hell of a show.

Love them!

Here's a Sergio-inspired photo from The Freddy Jones Band gig last Friday. They were awesome, as usual. Wayne is playing his gold top McCarty (I think).
fc7e9602-d6c7-41f6-8423-d05d88c658d8_zpseb1c1531.jpg

Back