Summer concert anticipation?!?!?

I've seen Satch a few times...he never disappoints! This Saturday I've got John 5 at a local theater...saw him at the Tony MacAlpine benefit where he killed it...looking forward to a full show from him!

I'd be curious on a report of John 5 -- what kind of music does he play solo? I've been eyeballing his triple tele deluxe for myself...

Well, I love live music. I'm going to be in London in mid April, and decided to look for a show to take in.

Going to see Orchard Hill, Speaking in Shadows, Syren City and Face the Ocean at a place called The Garage in Highbury. Looks like a fun place. Looking forward to it!

Kevin

John Carpenter (yes, that John Carpenter, of synthesizer soundtracks to his own movies fame)

I'd be curious on a report of John 5 -- what kind of music does he play solo? I've been eyeballing his triple tele deluxe for myself...

He's a shredder, but also a country player...I've seen in a couple interviews his early influence was Hee Haw...His albums have a mix of both styles, and some country-ish shredding!o_O

Oh man, Carnival of Madness goes on sale very soon (today!!)

Shinedown, Halestorm, and Black Stone Cherry, I haven't seen them all tour together in years.

Summer (Spring?) Concert number 1 completed. Went to see the 2Cellos this past Friday night. Great seats in the 5th row.

I had such an amazing time, much better than I even expected. These 2 guys are supremely talented and really quite a bit of fun! Very pioneering in what they do. I would love to see them again some day!

Kevin

It's been a pretty good concert season so far. Saw Steven Wilson at The Beacon in NYC which was fantastic despite him being sick. Saw The Who in Newark, NJ - Great show but really crappy arena. Last night, i saw the Brit Pink Floyd show which was nothing short of amazing.

Some really good shows this summer including Jeff Beck at Mohegan Sun, Steely Dan, Dream Theater and a few other bands I am into. Had a ticket for Gilmour at MSG but have a really busy work week so I am not going. I know, stupid. The Dream Theater show really interests me but I have not really listened to the new CD that much. I've seen them a number of times before and were always good.

I saw Maiden last Wednesday night. Man, can they still bring it. Bruce's voice isn't quite what it once was, but it still sounds good. Next up is Dream Theater at the end of the month. Looking forward to seeing them again. Nothing else until July.

Saw Hiromi a week ago, but didn't think to mention it because her trio line-up is her on Piano and Nord, Anthony Jackson on contrabass guitar, and Simon Philips on drums. But I did meet a guy in line who used to work at PRS (he noticed my jacket):
Wjk8Enb.jpg

(I'm the one on the left; Hiromi is on the right.)

Saw Hiromi a week ago, but didn't think to mention it because her trio line-up is her on Piano and Nord, Anthony Jackson on contrabass guitar, and Simon Philips on drums. But I did meet a guy in line who used to work at PRS (he noticed my jacket):

(I'm the one on the left; Hiromi is on the right.)

Man - Thanks for posting this! I just checked out some of her music (never heard of her before) and it is Awesome! I already knew and was a fan of Anthony Jackson and Simon Phillips from Al Dimeola and Jeff Beck/The Who.

Tom

Yeah, she's fantastic. Also check out her back catalog, Brain, Time Control, etc.

I mean, how many people can hold their own with Chicken Corea? Check out Duet.

So I'm listening to 'The Ticket' Sports Radio, Dallas, streaming, and they have a segment called 'Biggest Show Coming To Town' and they mention Peter Frampton...mmm...and I wonder, will he have a concert date here in Austin, The Not Live Music Capital of the World? Surprise Answer: Yes.

Next Tuesday(5/24) at the Moody Theater aka ACL downtown. Got one(1) ticket fourth row dead center, 75 bucks. And I would argue that he's still one of the best and last of the British Blues/Rock guitarists of our generation still touring.

Here's his rig rundown from February:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/23835-rig-rundown-peter-frampton

And his tour dates:

http://www.frampton.com/live/

So I'm listening to 'The Ticket' Sports Radio, Dallas, streaming, and they have a segment called 'Biggest Show Coming To Town' and they mention Peter Frampton...mmm...and I wonder, will he have a concert date here in Austin, The Not Live Music Capital of the World? Surprise Answer: Yes.

Next Tuesday(5/24) at the Moody Theater aka ACL downtown. Got one(1) ticket fourth row dead center, 75 bucks. And I would argue that he's still one of the best and last of the British Blues/Rock guitarists of our generation still touring.

Here's his rig rundown from February:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/23835-rig-rundown-peter-frampton

And his tour dates:

http://www.frampton.com/live/

That's cool! I see he's going to be in Chicago for the Laid Back Festival in mid July. I have never seen him. May have to check it out. Especially with this line up for the day:
Gregg Allman, Peter Frampton, Blackberry Smoke, Jaimoe's Jasssz Band, Lil' Ed & the Blues Imperials, Eddy Clearwater, Roomful of Blues, Rick Estrin & the Nightcats

Not that I want to derail things, but my son's band is doing a festival in Brighton, England next weekend, and four shows in London. And they are very good and worth seeing.

Just bought tickets for Jonny Lang at the Ridgefield playhouse. 500 seat theater. Saw him before with Buddy Guy and Susan Tedeschi and it was a great show. May also see Yes in the local arena.

Back