Summer concert anticipation?!?!?

I might have considered Glastonbury this year but there are far too many pop acts there for my taste nowadays. I'm scared to buy tickets incase I'm forced to watch Lionel Richie or Paul McCartney (shudders)

FWIW - Glastonbury started life as a rock and folk festival but now it's anything goes, even Gaga.

I didn't think snapping any whippers was allowed around here...

Got lots of concerts lined up. Super excited to finally see Joe Bonamassa and I just bought tickets today for Generation Axe.

Rock on the Range is here in Columbus, but I have never been to it. Maybe this year...Just checked, Chili Peppers, Shinedown, Megadeath, Rob Zombie, among others

Just saw AC/DC last night in St. Louis. Not summer yet but a good warm up! Pardon the pun!

I'm looking forward to it. Good old rock n' roll bands and new country groups/acts are what I go see mostly. I check Ticketmaster and Bandsintown all the time for my area to see what's coming. I'm going to go see Keith Urban but that's not till November.

Haven't seen him in ages. When I last went he was at a modest sized venue and I don't think there were more than 1,000 people there. It made for a very relaxed show and he left nothing on the table.
Same, mby 600 people. But it was such a good show, especially the fact that me and my buddy had the worst back it the corner with a beam above our foreheads seats.
It was just the time when Joe got his brand new guitar and new custom Marshall, the sound was just mind blowing. I was so impacted that I wrote two songs that month. That was an experience...
Can't wait to see him again.

OK. I'm sick of winter already. Looking forward to the summer concert schedules.

Just heard that Breaking Benjamin is co-headlining with Disturbed. Show is opened by both Saint Asonia and Alter Bridge. Are you kidding me?? Lots of great guitar music in general, and PRS music in particular!! They've listed the cities, but not dates as of yet. They're not playing anywhere NEAR me, so I smell a road trip.......!

Kevin

If anyone is interested, tickets for these shows are now available, Pre-Sale. General sales begin Friday morning February 26. I got some pretty nice seats to see the show at Red Rocks outside Denver. Kind of a bucketlist type thing. Can't wait!!

Kevin

Ok, I'll try this here: I've got two VIP Silver tickets to see Dream Theater Saturday, April 30th, at the Chicago Theater, in Chicago. I am now looking for someone to use one of those tickets. My DT buddy got transferred to Sacramento after I bought the tix, and the other 3 or 4 buddies I have that will still go to a concert want nothing to do with, or have no idea, who DT are. The Mrs said she'd go if I couldn't find someone else to take it. Of course, that would be ok, but she's going to start chirping to leave about half way through the show.

So, here's the deal, if someone wants to meet up, and see DT, the ticket is on me (actually, the guy that got transferred already paid for it). Seats are in the 6th row just to the left of center. One more thing, if you're a casual fan, just be aware that they are playing their new concept album in its entirety, and, for lack of a shorter description, it's a "rock opera" type of thing. Let me know if you're interested.

Finally got one.... King's X - have wanted to see them for a long time.

My wife did a great job hitting the refresh button on the computer yesterday. Got us front row center tickets for Tab Benoit for Raleigh in May.

Yeah we do too. I've seen him a couple of times. Was really disappointed when I found out he was coming to Richmond and I would have to miss it. Wife had us booked on a cruise. So she did make up for it with the front row seats. Richmond was general admission and stand up the whole time.

Yeah we do too. I've seen him a couple of times. Was really disappointed when I found out he was coming to Richmond and I would have to miss it. Wife had us booked on a cruise. So she did make up for it with the front row seats. Richmond was general admission and stand up the whole time.
Enjoy the show, and the cruise!

Back