Summer concert anticipation?!?!?

Discussion in 'Artists & Music' started by kes7u, Feb 16, 2016.

1. kes7u

kes7u Wife's husband and Dog's dad

OK. I'm sick of winter already. Looking forward to the summer concert schedules.

Just heard that Breaking Benjamin is co-headlining with Disturbed. Show is opened by both Saint Asonia and Alter Bridge. Are you kidding me?? Lots of great guitar music in general, and PRS music in particular!! They've listed the cities, but not dates as of yet. They're not playing anywhere NEAR me, so I smell a road trip.......!

Kevin

11top likes this.
  2. drdoom8793

drdoom8793 THAT guy at Chick-fil-A

As far as summer concerts, I'm looking forward to our big festival in Charlotte called Caroline Rebellion. 3 days of Rock and Metals acts. It will be my first time seeing Black Stone Cherry.

Not quite summer, but in April, I'm going to see Norma Jean with He Is Legend. He Is Legend has been one of my favorite bands for close to 10 years now. Plus, one of the guitarists uses Custom 22s!

3. alexanderraimo

Looking forward to Breaking Benjamin as well.

Also MMRBQ in Camden, NJ. Shinedown, Disturbed, and more.

And in September, Uprise Festival.

4. vchizzle

vchizzle Zomb!e Nine, DFZ

I'd like to see that show. Disturbed is here in May, it doesn't look like this tour package. Kinda bummed, that's a killer bill.

5. mad monk

mad monk Your father's Oldsmobile

Catching John 5 in March. That'll get things started for an early Spring. I really, really hope DG makes it to the Experience in June. Outside of that, nothing else has caught my ear.

6. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

John 5, Satriani, Gregg Allman and Robin Trower coming up.

Would love to see Vintage Trouble and Ghost again, but neither have dates around me.

JustRob likes this.
  7. Big Mard

Big Mard Little Gassy Here

Well in March Y&T in Raleigh. Probably my favorite Band since 1982. Dave Meniketti is amazing.
    Jj Grey and Mofro in Richmond at the National
    And Royal Southern Brotherhood in Richmond at the Broadberry. Stevie Ray Vaughn's nephew Tyrone is one of the Guitarist but the other guitar player is Bart Walker. Saw them twice last year. Bart Walker is a beast.

8. JustRob

JustRob Zombie Six, DFZ

Ghost is at the Hippodrome in Baltimore May 8th, but it's a Sunday. I'll be there.

9. Drew

Drew New Member

I haven't been excited for Summer concerts since the 90s. What a decade that was... Aerosmith and Def Leppard at their height. Ozzy and then the Ozzfests when they were really good. Dream Theater when they emerged. Pantera. Lollapalooza when Metallica and Soundgarden co-headlined. Dave Matthews Band at their height. Green Day. Pink Floyd in 94. I wish I could go back in time!

Big Mard likes this.
  10. Big Mard

Big Mard Little Gassy Here

I went to a couple of the Ozzfests. Pantera, Godsmack and Black Label Society. Not to mention all the ladies wanted to show their Boobs during Rob Zombie.

11. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

2/21/16 - Carcass

That is all I know about at this time.

12. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

My son's band Partybaby is planning to tour this summer, but the details haven't been finalized. I'm sure it'll be interesting, whatever happens, and I'll want to go see them perform.

I know. You're thinking, "But Les, it's your son's band, what about other bands?"

And I'm thinking, "When your son has a band that's getting airplay and recognition, you really don't much care about other bands." ;)

13. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

Carcass and Testament? That's the bill here - haven't decided if I'm going yet. Small club, so I should.

14. CVS

CVS Not so new member

You must not live in Southern California where we are smashing high temperature records on what seems like a daily basis right now. In any case, looking forward to the Doheney Blues festival in May in Dana Point

15. vchizzle

So I just went and looked at a couple shows I was interested in. Apparently bought up by the brokers. At $150-300/ticket, I guess I'll just stay home. Should've drove down by jfb to see Tool last month. If we hadn't been booked that weekend, I would've. I'm fairly depressed now. Nothing I want to see.

16. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

It is very hard to beat the speculators to tickets any more - at least for any big name acts. Face value ticket prices are high enough without paying a broker 2-4x that.

17. vchizzle

I know. These aren't even what I'd consider HUGE shows that'd you'd expect to see the ticket demand at that price for.:confused:

18. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

The stop near STL is just Carcass. I love Testament so I wish they were present for the gig as well. Chuck Billy from Testament is easily my favorite metal vocalist of all time. His growl is sick. SICK!!!!

19. The Fight

The Fight Long Hair Demigod

Joe Satriani! In March! Can't wait, long overdue!

20. MichaelC24

MichaelC24 Sucker for Squabbins

Not exactly summer concerts, but I'm going to see Steven Wilson in my hometown of Boston in early March. And then of course the big one...taking a trip to Toronto to see David Gilmour in April!