Suggestions on bridge please?

Replacing my bridge on my black S2, should I go...

• ...all nickel, or whatever the orig is?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...black bridge with nickel saddles?

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • ...all black nickel?

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

littlebadboy

I am in the process of working on mods on my "Darth Paul (<Thanks Alnus Rubra!)" S2 Standard 22. May I ask your suggestions on what should I do with the bridge?

Should I go all chrome look? It would save me tons because I'll just keep the original.

Should I go nickel black bridge with nickel saddles? Mann said they can do this for me.

Or, should I go all black? Will Mann's trem arm also be in black?

As you can see in the picture, the guitar has an all black anodized look pickguard, all-black pickups, and ebony black tuner buttons, but still has some touch of chrome here and there.

Thanks in advance!

If only I can darken those fret dots...

I like the all black bridge, but would recommend black tuners as well. As for the dots, maybe there is a red dye that will saturate the dots but cure quickly and completely so that you dont wind up with red fingertips every time you play. Red knobs for volume and tone may accent it as well.

Dayem...

Babicz has a bridge that looks sick at $164.99!
134767_3600x2700_2500.jpg

I like the all black bridge, but would recommend black tuners as well. As for the dots, maybe there is a red dye that will saturate the dots but cure quickly and completely so that you dont wind up with red fingertips every time you play. Red knobs for volume and tone may accent it as well.
Then, I have to buy a new set of tuners? Let me check how much...

I kinda like the black bridge w/chrome saddles. This is how I'm seeing it: unless you're gonna swap out those chrome tuners for black ones, then you're going to need a little chrome in the bridge down below to balance those out up top.

Can @John Mann do you an all black nickel bridge?

The chrome/nickel trem arm will to my eye make a nice contrast and tie in with your black/chrome tuner scheme.

But brother, it’s your baby. You do what makes you happy. You know with the Mann bridge, you’re adding tonal quality, to an already awesome guitar!

Can @John Mann
But brother, it’s your baby. You do what makes you happy. You know with the Mann bridge, you’re adding tonal quality, to an already awesome guitar!

Thanks for the suggestions!

It's just that the Babicz is $100 less and probably equal in quality. I live on a humble salary. My only qualm is that I will lose the traditional PRS stock look.

Yes, Mann also does black nickel bridge options as well as mixing it up with nickel saddles! Haven't seen one in actual or pictures yet though!

Thanks for the suggestions!

It's just that the Babicz is $100 less and probably equal in quality. I live on a humble salary. My only qualm is that I will lose the traditional PRS stock look.

Yes, Mann also does black nickel bridge options as well as mixing it up with nickel saddles! Haven't seen one in actual or pictures yet though!
I vote Mann, but that's only because I've bought a couple in the past and know what the quality is. Plus, he's the guy that developed the original with Paul. Not a knock on the Babicz. I've no experience with them.

You know with the Mann bridge, you’re adding tonal quality, to an already awesome guitar!

I vote Mann, but that's only because I've bought a couple in the past and know what the quality is. Plus, he's the guy that developed the original with Paul. Not a knock on the Babicz. I've no experience with them.

Mann it is then!

Back