Suede Case Care & Feeding

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
So you stacked your suede guitar cases and now they look like this.

IMG_0008.jpg

Fret not, PRS lover; there is hope! Go to your local furniture warehouse and get yourself a suede brush and one of the little eraser-looking thingys for rubbing off stains.

When you're done, you'll be able to see your fingerprints again!

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

"OK... so you've stacked piles of suede and other special or private stock cases ontop of eachother in your room designated just to house your guitar cases, right?......."

:lol: ........ :(

Here's another tip to care for your suede PRS case.

So you were oiling your fretboard/neck and you spilled some fretboard oil on your suede case...
1) Lay the case flat and pour a thick coating of table salt on the spot and rub it in. Vacuum up after a few minutes.
2) Pour a fresh layer of salt on the spot and let it sit there for 24 hours. Vacuum it up.
3) Repeat step 2 until the oil spot is no longer visible. In my case, 24 hours was enough.

Works like a charm!

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;42825 said:
Here's another tip to care for your suede PRS case.

So you were oiling your fretboard/neck and you spilled some fretboard oil on your suede case...
1) Lay the case flat and pour a thick coating of table salt on the spot and rub it in. Vacuum up after a few minutes.
2) Pour a fresh layer of salt on the spot and let it sit there for 24 hours. Vacuum it up.
3) Repeat step 2 until the oil spot is no longer visible. In may case 24 hours was enough.

Works like a charm!

And if it winds up not working, it makes for a very tasty potato chip substitute! ;)

Put the case in the shipping box. Put the box in the attic. Hang guitar on the wall.

Then you won't need any of the above advice. :star:

I used to hang all mu guitars on the wall. Now I have one hanger. When my daughter came along, the biggest room in the house was converted from a very respectable recording studio (with guitars on the wall) into a bedroom.

Worth it.

Back