Studio TV YouTube Channel

Great idea !! It would be nice to learn how different pieces of gear, [ i.e. mic's, compressors, limiters...etc ] work together and separately to create the SOUNDS we want to hear. I look forward to this NEW musical journey you are about to embark on. GOOD LUCK !!

Well, here's the update of our pre-check: we need some extra lights, and I need to hang something on the back wall or it looks weird on camera. But other than that, we are in pretty good shape in terms of the way things will look on camera.

Nope I have to create some outlines of what I'm going to do in each video, so there's....um....work...involved. (Work pronounced the way Maynard G. Krebs did in The Dobie Gillis Show which most of you are too young to have ever seen).

... I need to hang something on the back wall or it looks weird on camera...
Yup, solid whites do weird things with compression artifacts. Solid blacks, too -- if you want to see an example, watch the end of the episode of Buffy (s07e02) "Beneath You" -- there's a lot of black in that scene. Stick with patterns or textures or something, but something that contrasts your shirt so that your clothes don't disappear. (I'm sure your video person is already telling you all this, I'm just...I don't know, I love this stuff.)
17m0i2weks47mpng.png

What an enterprise, Les!
Limiting the Les-Cast to max. 15 min is a good proposal, that forces dealing with a focal point and prevents - hopefully - from blathering inessentialities.
I will be one of your curious followers aswell!

Back