Studio Session

Sounds good, and nice playing! Did you enjoy the experience?

Thank you! I was going to put this in the YouTube section but we spent money on this so I thought a dedicated thread would be good.

Yep, I loved it. Two days with the band and we bonded well. The studio is where I'm meant to be - much preferable to work!

Thank you! I was going to put this in the YouTube section but we spent money on this so I thought a dedicated thread would be good.

Yep, I loved it. Two days with the band and we bonded well. The studio is where I'm meant to be - much preferable to work!

It's wonderful that you had a great experience with it! I love being in the studio, too. It's a joyful thing!

Did you play this material down live, or did you overdub or what? What was the process like for your band - it's a little different for everyone.

Do you have links to your studio work?
We've been a band for about 12 months now - I learned 30 songs in 4 weeks!
We spent two days in the studio.

First we all recorded together... a guide track for the drums.
Drums -> bass -> rhythm guitars -> lead guitar -> vocals.

Please don't beat me to death but I was playing a Suhr going into a Blackstar with one mic in front, that's it. I did two takes for each song.
ACDC I did the solo a couple times and we chose the best.
Janis I did two improvised solos - the other one wasn't suited to the song.

Definitely a joyful thing. I doubt I'll get the same results with my own album. I'm recording guitars into a Line 6 Toneport. I use Traktion as the DAW. I use jamstix to program drums. I also do the bass. I also do the website and the videos. I use Lightworks for video editing. I'm actually a little gaunt as I'm doing so much work on this it's unbelievable.

A pic to promote this thread lol... (me in the studio tonight with my PRS and guitar glasses ;))
12036448_1684229655155539_3735080834991080165_n.jpg

Back