Stuck Between Bareknuckle & Seymour Duncan for my CU24

Cody

Little back story.. I recently bought a Custom 24 30th Anniversary. While I think the 85/15 pickups sound great, they are not really something I prefer because I play heavier music. They're a bit too warm & have lots of low end. I think the guitar being all mahogany contributes to that. My issue is that I'm stuck between replacing them with Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega or something from Bareknuckle, like the Holy Diver or True Grit Boot camp series. The thing is I've never tried anything from Bareknuckle personally. What's your experience with the Alpha Omega or really any Bareknuckle pickup you've put into your Cu24?

Well, higher output pickups will sound warmer still with lots more low end.

Cant you just EQ the tone you want and start from there? If you still struggle, consider a treble boost unit.

I do have 85/15s and also different Bare Knuckles but I dont play heavy, so cant advise you sound wise from personal experience.

I am just the guy you are looking for, since I currently have both sets.

The Alpha Omegas are in a Tremonti. The Holy Divers are in a Music Man Luke III with a basswood body and solid rosewood neck.

The Alpha Omegas sound a little darker, especially the neck pickup. A little more bass than the Holy Divers. That’s in a mahogany bodied Singlecut with a maple cap.

Of the two sets, I prefer the Holy Divers. My tone is kind of like modern Van Halen with a quite a bit of gain. I also have a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell and I love that one, too. So, I think they make good pickups. So does Seymour, obviously.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, higher output pickups will sound warmer still with lots more low end.

Cant you just EQ the tone you want and start from there? If you still struggle, consider a treble boost unit.

I do have 85/15s and also different Bare Knuckles but I dont play heavy, so cant advise you sound wise from personal experience.
I mean yea, I can eq differently on my amp. But they're just not aggressive or tight enough, even with a tube screamer.

I am just the guy you are looking for, since I currently have both sets.

The Alpha Omegas are in a Tremonti. The Holy Divers are in a Music Man Luke III with a basswood body and solid rosewood neck.

The Alpha Omegas sound a little darker, especially the neck pickup. A little more bass than the Holy Divers. That’s in a mahogany bodied Singlecut with a maple cap.

Of the two sets, I prefer the Holy Divers. My tone is kind of like modern Van Halen with a quite a bit of gain. I also have a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell and I love that one, too. So, I think they make good pickups. So does Seymour, obviously.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply! I often see the Holy Diver compared to the JB so that's why it interested me. The JB is great, but for drop C playing which I tend to use, it does start mudding up a bit.

Back