Strupid Question, McCarty Thickness

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
What does this mean?
Thicker or thinner than a Custom 22 or 24?
And what is my 408, same thickness as the Custom 22 or 24, or thicker?

Thanks...

Thicker. More like the thickness of a Les Paul (thus the McCarty designation). I believe 408s are the same as a CU24/22.

Thicker. More like the thickness of a Les Paul (thus the McCarty designation). I believe 408s are the same as a CU24/22.

Definitely not as thick as an LP. It's 1/8 of an inch thicker than a CU22. An SC or an LP are even thicker.

Not sure about the 408 production model. I'm under the belief that the Sig was McCarty thickness, and while I'm not 100% sure about the 408, have been told it's McCarty thickness.

Last edited:
I beleive the 408 and Paul's guitar models are both "McCarty thickness" and the SC58 / Stripped 58 models are thicker again.

Definitely not as thick as an LP. It's 1/8 of an inch thicker than a CU22. An SC or an LP are even thicker.

Not sure about the 408 production model. I'm under the belief that the Sig was McCarty thickness, and while I'm not 100% sure about the 408, have been told it's McCarty thickness.

Ah, I was under the impression that the McCartys were 1/4" thicker...I guess I'm confusing the solid body thickness with my HB McCarty, which is fairly close to my LP's thickness, for obvious reasons.

And 408s are the same thickness as McCartys? Hmm, interesting. (Scurries off to investigate 408s...)

Back