Structures - Something New (And Already Revised!!)

László

Too Many Notes
This time I very consciously thought about mode switching and various scales. While it made things move a little more slowly for me in the 'what the heck am I going to do now' department, I like the result, and hope it's good.

Let me know if you like it.

EDIT: Revised today, Monday. I discovered some mistakes in the previous version.

Last edited:
Glad you like guys. If you can, take another listen. I cleaned up a few things I wasn't happy with in the first version. Same link.

I couldn't tell you anything about the "theory" of it, but I hear it as the start of an adventure. Not adventure as in an adventure film, but one that's more of a personal quest and that quest could be anything be it small or on a grand scale.

I like how you left it on an optimistic note. That way (to me) the listener can only guess what happens next in the quest.

I couldn't tell you anything about the "theory" of it, but I hear it as the start of an adventure. Not adventure as in an adventure film, but one that's more of a personal quest and that quest could be anything be it small or on a grand scale.

I like how you left it on an optimistic note. That way (to me) the listener can only guess what happens next in the quest.
Thanks!

Generally I kind of wing it and have no scale/chord/mode structure in mind. This time I did, hence the title.

Listening to my other work, there really isn't much difference! Crazy, right? ;)

Thanks!

Generally I kind of wing it and have no scale/chord/mode structure in mind. This time I did, hence the title.

Listening to my other work, there really isn't much difference! Crazy, right? ;)
Sounds like other folks too who just go by instinct. "Don't know why I went to that chord.....I just did!!!"

You can’t fool me…..

……that’s John Williams.
Unfortunately, it's not John Williams. If it was John Williams, it'd actually be good.

It's John's kinda crazy fifth cousin Les, who suffers from Delusional Composer Syndrome. ;)

However, Les is enjoying his time receiving much-needed therapy in the National Home For Undeserving Wannabes Who Think They're Composers.

"Aw, man, it's just that you started too late."

"Hey, I could have started at the age of one day and kept at it for a million years, and I still wouldn't be as good as John Williams."

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it's not John Williams. If it was John Williams, it'd actually be good.

It's John's kinda crazy fifth cousin Les, who suffers from Delusional Composer Syndrome. ;)

However, Les is enjoying his time receiving much-needed therapy in the National Home For Undeserving Wannabes Who Think They're Composers.

"Aw, man, it's just that you started too late."

"Hey, I could have started at the age of one day and kept at it for a million years, and I still wouldn't be as good as John Williams."
Hey Les, speaking of John Williams I have a question.

Now, I do not know the first thing about ochestral composing. But when we hear a movie score.....when it says "music by John Williams" did he actually write the music for each and every single instrument in the orchestra?
Seems like it would be hard enough and time consuming enough to write a theme for all the scenes in a movie, let alone having the time to write for an entire orchestra? Or is this where a musical arranger (someone other than the composer) steps in and fills in the gaps so to say?

Back