Stripped 58 original Bridge vs New 594 Bridge

I don’t know how much of a difference it makes DC vs SC but either way if you tried the new style bridge in yours we will be interesting to see what happens. If I were to buy a 594 now I would opt for the older style bridge with the block brass saddles and definitely locking tuners…. I like to convenience of locking tuners.

Definitely agree on the locking tuners, that's where I was at when I purchased mine. The saddles, I didn't even realize were changing until after I had the guitar. I would try the new style, if I had them lying around, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it as is.

Definitely agree on the locking tuners, that's where I was at when I purchased mine. The saddles, I didn't even realize were changing until after I had the guitar. I would try the new style, if I had them lying around, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it as is.
I agree. I mentioned it because in my original post I said if someone wanted to experiment with the new style bridge in a 594 and make a video I would send it to them as long as they send it back to me.

Also must be in continental US too keep shipping cost down

I don’t know how much of a difference it makes DC vs SC but either way if you tried the new style bridge in yours we will be interesting to see what happens. If I were to buy a 594 now I would opt for the older style bridge with the block brass saddles and definitely locking tuners…. I like to convenience of locking tuners.
My 2018 DC594 has the block style saddles, while my 2021 SC594 has the newer wedge style. I do not notice any significant difference in sustain between the two guitars. My SC has a ton more acoustic resonance (i.e. rings out a lot more when not plugged in), but I guess I attributed that to it having almost 0.75" more body thickness.

NOTE: I recently changed the SC's tuners from the stock "vintage" to PRS locking "vintage" tuners. There was a tinny (thin metallic sound) on the G and B string which went away with the change.

Last edited:
Added info: Right from PRS website apparently posted on their website 5 months ago.

PRS 2-Piece Bridge​

The PRS Two Piece Bridge was designed to take full advantage of the resonant properties of our guitars by providing direct transmission of string vibration to the guitar body with a traditional feel under the palm. First used in 2011, it now appears on the 594 models. This bridge features un-plated brass saddles, thumb wheels and tailpiece posts, zinc bridge and aluminum tailpiece.

https://support.prsguitars.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408302380571-PRS-2-Piece-Bridge

My 2018 DC594 has the block style saddles, while my 2021 SC594 has the newer wedge style. I do not notice any significant difference in sustain between the two guitars. My SC has a ton more acoustic resonance (i.e. rings out a lot more when not plugged in), but I guess I attributed that to it having almost 0.75" more body thickness.

NOTE: I recently changed the SC's tuners from the stock "traditional" to PRS locking "traditional" tuners. There was a tinny (thin metallic sound on the G and B string) which went away with the change.
Great information! Good to know that there is a difference in the body thickness between singlecut and doublecut Thanks for reply.

Curious did PRS locking tuners drop right into the vintage tuner footprint? Or did you have to drill new holes?

Great information! Good to know that there is a difference in the body thickness between singlecut and doublecut Thanks for reply.

Curious did PRS locking tuners drop right into the vintage tuner footprint? Or did you have to drill new holes?
They were an exact replacement, no modification needed. The footprint (impression in the nitro) is identical. It took about 10 minutes to swap out.

Very interesting. I think there are too many variables at play here. Yes, there is the difference in scale length. Then the difference in bridge mass intended for each scale length. Are the nuts the same material on the 245 and the 594? I’m unwilling to separate one ingredient from the total recipe. I would also expect the pickup ring height, and overall height to affect the sustain and tone.
One added note. Whenever I or my luthier make any changes, even if it’s as simple as action or pole piece adjustment. I believe it takes about 6 hours for the guitar to settle. Now that could be me, but every change affects everything other part in my mind. Might be psychosomatic. Thanks, Andrew. Your original setup sounded spectacular to me.

Back