String type and gauge on PRS SE Angelus

rccolwell

I have a new (yesterday) SE Angelus Custom A/E and have been searching for information on the type and gauges of the strings before I buy replacements to have on hand. I saw the gauges for the PRS Acoustic strings ( .012, .016, .025, .035, .045, .056) but don't know if these are intended for the "Maryland made" acoustics only. I'd appreciate any information anyone has. The guitar came with no documentation other than a warranty card...no hang tag or other docs. Dealer told me to use D'Addario Lights.

Congrats! You're going to love the guitar. IMHO best bang for the buck around - no contest! Mine (2012) came with D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze Lights (.012,.016,.024,.032,.042,.053). Very nice strings. The guitar also plays sweet with D'addario EXP's and Elixer 80/20 Bronze Nano's and Poly's - all same gauges as the EJ16's. ENJOY!

Holy crap... Are we up to four NGDs this week for SE Angelus customs now? :)

congratulations!

Can I ask a stupid question - what kind of warranty card? Mine came with absolutely nothing on paper (it did have a spare saddle though... Nice touch)

Michael_DK, It had a standard PRS warranty registration card in the case. Looked the same as the one I got with my Swamp Ash Special and my Hollowbody II. Also had the spare saddle, truss rod wrench and a couple keys for the hard shell case. The more I play this the better it gets!!

Huh - mine didn't have the truss rod wrench or the saddle. Have to look about the warranty card.

I just purchased one a couple days ago from GC and it didn't come with wrench or extra saddle either. Maybe they aren't adding those any longer?. Guitar is fantastic btw. Compared several guitars within their relative price bracket and the SE Angelus Custom came out on top. Just a great guitar for the price. Couldn't be happier and glad to be in the club. :five:

Last edited:
I just received an SE Angelus Custom from Musician's Fiend and it came with the TR wrench and a spare saddle. Also case keys, a blank warranty card and D'Addario hang tag.

Here 'tis:

IMG_3387_zps70407cc1.jpg

IMG_3395_zpsb268d977.jpg

IMG_3394_zps9920d4c6.jpg

IMG_3392_zpsd5aec31d.jpg

IMG_3407_zpse3a2978e.jpg

Last edited:
I picked one up a little over a week ago , and mine came with the wrench , saddle , key and warranty card as well . If you got it at GC , give em' a shout , they should handle it for ya . The guys here at GC are top notch .

Back