String change

Alan Jurgens

The past two weeks I’ve changed strings on nine of my guitars. I started a spereadaheet to keep track of the dates and strings used. It’s amazing how much better they sound to me after I do this.

I like the process and detailing the guitars. It’s sort of therapeutic. Three more to go and they will all be fresh.

Getting better each month. I should have started when I was young!

The past two weeks I’ve changed strings on nine of my guitars. I started a spereadaheet to keep track of the dates and strings used. It’s amazing how much better they sound to me after I do this.

I like the process and detailing the guitars. It’s sort of therapeutic. Three more to go and they will all be fresh.

Getting better each month. I should have started when I was young!
Unfortunately, it’s like being a bridge painter.
Once you finish, it’s back to the other end and start over!:p:D

A couple of weeks ago Musician’s Friend had a “Stupid Deal of the Day” that was actually a stupidly good deal for a 12-pack of D’Addario 10’s. Used the opportunity to restring all my guitars. My takeaways (similar to yours)
- Restringing brings guitars back to life
- It’s really quite relaxing to do
- Use the opportunity to oil the fretboards, polish the frets, and wipe down the guitars
- Restringing the guitars that don’t have locking tuners reminds me how much I appreciate locking tuners.

Back