String change, confused.

Guy_OBX_NC

have a SE Custom 25 Zebra Wood 2019. Time will come to change strings, I have the PRS Tremelo, do I need to block the trem plate, and I hear different stories on all stings can come off at once, verse 1 string at a time. Is there a trem plate block I can buy, or do I need to make my own? I saw one gent using a stack of business cards.

have a SE Custom 25 Zebra Wood 2019. Time will come to change strings, I have the PRS Tremelo, do I need to block the trem plate, and I hear different stories on all stings can come off at once, verse 1 string at a time. Is there a trem plate block I can buy, or do I need to make my own? I saw one gent using a stack of business cards.

Magazine subscription card, folded and wrapped with painter’s tape does the trick beautifully. As in...

Just replace them one at a time and don’t mess with anything extra. If you want to do fretboard conditioning and fret dressing, etc., then I use a credit card behind and under the back of the bridge. Ain’t no thang!

Just replace them one at a time and don’t mess with anything extra. If you want to do fretboard conditioning and fret dressing, etc., then I use a credit card behind and under the back of the bridge. Ain’t no thang!
Thanks!

Back