Strap slip

Birdsofprey

All Birds that Fly.
So I’m somewhat picky about the strap(s) I use. Usually there leather/suede really don’t have any interest in nylon based straps. So here’s the skinny, I bought a PRS ( could be any brand) black leather strap with birds on it as I thought it would go well with my mahogany stain S2 Mira and it does. Now I guess over the years I’ve figured out shiny means slippery lol in guitar straps at least doh! So anyone know how to rough up the leather to make it less slippery? I did take some Scotchbright pads and try to break the sheen on the back so it wouldn’t slide on my shoulder. Any thoughts? Love the strap just want it to work for the set-up. Cheers Ken

I recently bought a beautiful leather strap that was pretty slippery - front and back. I figured it was due to the natural oils in the leather, or whatever leather conditioner they used. I soaked some light degreaser in a rag, and heavily wiped the back of the strap. It didn’t damage anything (just took a bit of the sheen off) and while not as “rigid” as a suede-backed strap, it is now no longer as slippery.

Back