Strap Recommendations for Eriza Verde

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just ordered a Heistercamp Leedon Tor - Super Soft in mid-Tan.

Nice!

Hey, if you plan to use the PRS stock strap button, and you haven't already specified the length of the button slit, you can email Alaine and ask them to cut the button slit one inch long. I find that an inch long slit makes using the stock PRS strap button easier, and the strap is so thick it won't come undone.

I think I'm going to order yet another one right now. You put me in that strap-buyin' mood!

Les

Nice!

Hey, if you plan to use the PRS stock strap button, and you haven't already specified the length of the button slit, you can email Alaine and ask them to cut the button slit one inch long. I find that an inch long slit makes using the stock PRS strap button easier, and the strap is so thick it won't come undone.

I think I'm going to order yet another one right now. You put me in that strap-buyin' mood!

Les
Will do. Thanks again for all of the input, Les. It was very helpful.

Brian

Will do. Thanks again for all of the input, Les. It was very helpful.

Brian

Hey Brian, thanks for firing me up to order another strap - I've been meaning to get one for the McCarty I got last summer, and never got around to it!

The McCarty is Yellow Tiger, so I pulled up a pic of it while I went through the strap colors. I thought a nice combination would be dark brown with ochre lining, and ordered a padded one with a cable tidy..

That's a nice lookin' strap!

I don't have to unscrew the strap buttons, though. Did you have the button slit made an inch or did you get the standard size? I find that an inch long slit makes getting the super soft on and off easy.
I think I just got standard size figuring I can always make them longer. I could just about get them on but it crunches up the leather so to keep it looking nice I went for removing the button. Haven't had to take it off yet but might well go down some kind of strap lock option for convenience.

I'm sure to get another strap it two for some other guitars at some point. Trouble is I won't be able choose from all the excellent colour options!

Hey Brian, thanks for firing me up to order another strap - I've been meaning to get one for the McCarty I got last summer, and never got around to it!

The McCarty is Yellow Tiger, so I pulled up a pic of it while I went through the strap colors. I thought a nice combination would be dark brown with ochre lining, and ordered a padded one with a cable tidy..
Mine is the dark brown and ochre lining. Works very well with my natural top.

nhZPxdo.jpg

That is just a beautiful guitar, I love everything about it, including the strap.

nhZPxdo.jpg

I second the heistercamp recommendation. Just got this one a couple of weeks ago and it is a fantastic strap. This is the super soft leedon tor. Lots of colour options and are open to customisation. I had to unscrew the strap buttons and screw them back over the strap to get it to fit mind, as the leather is so thick
That is mega marvelous! I'd stick some inert shotgun shells in each loop!

Thank you for the motivation as well! I'm already thinking about picking up another one to go with my River Blue 24. Sounds like the one you picked it going to look great. Please share some pics when it arrives. I got mine with the cable tidy as well. What a great idea for them to offer that option.

Take care,
B.

I so rarely do sessions away from my own studio lately, I'm pretty much the only person who sees my straps. Clients rarely attend sessions any more, I send out files. And I haven't played out in quite some time.

I guess it's just a matter of entertaining myself with nice leather goods. I should feel guilty, but I don't. ;)

I got my new Heistercamp Leedon Tor Super Soft strap on Friday. The quality is outstanding and I couldn't be happier.

strap1.png

strap2.png

That looks absolutely great! You chose...wisely. ;)

And the combination with that guitar is just killer.

My new brown one with ochre back came Friday, too (we ordered on the same day, if memory serves). I'll post a pic when I have a chance. I've been working on music for a new ad campaign and haven't had a chance to do much of anything yet.

I played the guitar parts before the new strap arrived, and haven't even tried it yet with the guitar I got it for.

Now I have 17 spots to mix. :eek:

Last edited:
Back