Strap Racks

Rockmark

Just counted 14 straps all w Schallers so they are quickly interchanged w diff guitars. I don't keep straps on my guitars when not in use so they are strewn about, over towel racks and over chair backs. Anybody here know of a great rack for straps to hang on or has anyone improvised anything really cool? I'd really like to tighten this issue up. Thanks

A motorized tie rack.

My luck I'd mount it wrong and break it off w my forehead one night. Then end up in the er.:confused: I did use a board that had hooks (like you'd hang keys on) and mounted flush on a wall but really looked Mickey Mouse. Figured there must be another way.

Why not just stuff them in a drawer?

Some cheapies I don't use are in drawers and seem to never get used. The straps I use daily are not cheap straps. Each is between $75 and $200. They all are padded leather w cushioning for comfort. Some have real snake and alligator. So I'd rather hang them straight w/o folds. Stuffing em in a drawer won't work for me for ease of use of grabbing one I want at the time. I think Bodia is on the right track w his folding pant rack.

Last edited:
Some cheapies I don't use are in drawers and seem to never get used. The straps I use daily are not cheap straps. Each is between $75 and $200. They all are padded leather w cushioning for comfort. Some have real snake and alligator. So I'd rather hang them straight w/o folds. Stuffing em in a drawer won't work for me for ease of use of grabbing one I want at the time. I think Bodia is on the right track w his folding pant rack.

Wow, you really like your straps! All mine are in the guitar cases, either attached or loose.

If I had your arrangement, I would hang them from the picture rail in my studio.

You may want to be careful if you have any PRS's, if your straps in the cases are in contact w your guitar finishes. They've been know to burn some finishes.

Buy screws with heads that fit inside the strap part of the strap lock. Build a simple mounting board with the screws sticking out?

Letting them hang in a row.

I have nice straps, too, and often hang the one I’m using on a headphone hook attached to a tall studio mic stand.

Works fine, but only one at a time.

I like the pants rack idea, actually, though for the most part I roll them up and keep them on a shelf in a cabinet.

I took a key rack and took the hooks out and put Schaller strap buttons in place. All my Straps have Schaller strap locks so it works great.

Matt, this weekend I did exactly what you did. However I didn't have extra Schallers to screw in which was first preference, like you thought of so Gush's idea worked great. Had the perfect fit screws right in the tool kit. In fact I I left enough space behind the screw heads where even more straps, with no locks though, slide right over. So some of the screw heads hold two straps one behind the other, w the Schaller in front. Thanks for all the great ideas, it worked out perfect. (And really looks good too)

Last edited:
A motorized tie rack.
Brookstone should have one available for last minute holiday gifting within a couple of weeks. o_O

My suggestion: purge. I have 2/t-w-o straps that I’ve had for decades. One brown, one black. Enough straps for all occasions and situations. Very little storage issues. :D

Brookstone should have one available for last minute holiday gifting within a couple of weeks. o_O

My suggestion: purge. I have 2/t-w-o straps that I’ve had for decades. One brown, one black. Enough straps for all occasions and situations. Very little storage issues. :D

Right now I have one black set up for the Singlecut, one brown for the Doublecuts, and a tan one for my bass. They all need to be different lengths, so that’s just easier than adjusting them all the time. But there have been times I’ve had lots more just for grins.

I haven’t worn any out, but I’ve given a lot of really nice ones to folks I care about, who’ve liked/asked about them.

Last edited:
Back