Strap Locks??

DuncanCE22

I thought I'd ask this question here as you lot seem to know what your on about, unlike some of the other forums I'm on (not mentioning any names).

Basically I have finally decided to get some strap locks for the guitar collection, does any one have any recommendations? I've been looking at either Schaller or Marvel, but I'm also wondering if its easier just to get the little rubber "bung" style ones like the fender and the dunlop ones.

whats everyone else using?

I don't use them though I hadn't fitted the strap perfectly the other day and luckily I caught it in time....

I used to use Schaller's, but now I use the Dunlop "Traditional" models. With Schaller's, if you forget your strap, you're screwed. I forgot to bring the right strap, so I used another, and because the nub is so small, I had to wrap duct tape around it to hold the strap on the guitar. With the Dunlop's, you can use a regular strap, and the guitar won't fall off...the post will work, either with, or without the locking mechanism. Cheers!

I used to use Schallers, but unless you grease them, they can be noisy. I'm totally in love with D'Addario Elliptical End Pins!

Schallers on everything except one guitar that came to me with Duncans.

I used to use Schaller's, but now I use the Dunlop "Traditional" models. With Schaller's, if you forget your strap, you're screwed. I forgot to bring the right strap, so I used another, and because the nub is so small, I had to wrap duct tape around it to hold the strap on the guitar. With the Dunlop's, you can use a regular strap, and the guitar won't fall off...the post will work, either with, or without the locking mechanism. Cheers!
thats the only thing that's made me consider switching- still with schaller though.

Schaller's on all of my guitars and straps.
I like the extra insurance, had guitars in my youth fall off of straps, but I was much younger and faster back then to catch a falling axe.

Dont forget your strap.

I thought I'd ask this question here as you lot seem to know what your on about, unlike some of the other forums I'm on (not mentioning any names).

Basically I have finally decided to get some strap locks for the guitar collection, does any one have any recommendations? I've been looking at either Schaller or Marvel, but I'm also wondering if its easier just to get the little rubber "bung" style ones like the fender and the dunlop ones.

whats everyone else using?
I have solved that problem by having a separate strap for each guitar. Each is adjusted to me, and they simply stay on the instrument all the time. Result: zero wear and zero slippage. It costs a few more bucks, but it's worth the security.

^^^^^ Exactly! My wife has helped me out in the strap department, especially with a paisley PRS strap at Christmas for my Paul's that is the perfect match to the case. But that's not the only one. I have a very understanding partner, even if she does shake her head whenever a new guitar shows up... it would mean another strap!!! ;)

Stock on mine. Never a problem since 1991, though I do tend to prefer a firmer leather strap, and those stay in place very well.

My son had a guitar fall off using Schallers or Dunlops, can't remember which. Something failed. Fortunately, the stage was carpeted, and nothing happened to his guitar.

Back