Strap Lock Recommendations?

DD2200BK_0.png

i go with Dimarzio strap locks on all my guitars. nice and comfy i always feel secure being active when jamming

I ordered a couple of sets of Schallers. They're on their way. Lilttle pup is going to have to find something else to chew on - hopefully not my guitars. But if it got him to stop trying to strip the flesh off my hands with his razor sharp puppy fangs then I might be okay with it.

Dunlop original strap locks. They look like a regular strap button, and you can use it with or without the locking cap. I also fitted my main Strat, and Tele with the countersunk Dunlop unit. I like them a lot. If you’ve ever gone to a gig without your Schaller strap lock strap, you’re screwed, because even if someone does have a strap you can use, it won’t work with the little Schaller “nub” lock. With the Dunlop, you’re good either way...yes, it happened to me way back in the 80’s....lesson learned!

Well that was a lot tougher than I expected but it's done, the Schaller's are on. Fun fact: did you know that in 1990 PRS used screws for their strap buttons that are 1.25" long? And that they require immense amounts of torque to get them out because they are stuck like they were epoxied into place? Well now you know.

But for the first time in a while my guitar is hanging nicely without a dangling strap so the pup has nothing to chew on and when I want to play on my feet the strap goes back on nice and easy. Thanks for all the suggestions, the S-locks won in a landslide and I can see why, they are good.

Schaller on all my Brand F's ... but I find I really don't need them on PRS... especially with the USA strap buttons ...

ASIDE : Not related to strap buttons ... but PUPPIES ...:rolleyes:

Now I love Quadrupeds, both Dog & Cat ..But I thought I should share a horror story regarding Dogs/ Puppies

I had hardly had my 1st USA PRS a month, before it was viciously attacked ... by a F*$king ceiling fan ???

(I was holding her up, watching the sunlight glisten off her gorgeous bod ... when I heard a "Bonk"...

Put a nice gash in the headstock ...:eek:

But while I was calling PRS 911 for an emergency evac ... The nice lady at reception told me "Well that's not as bad as the guy who's Dog ... chewed on his guitars neck ... :eek:

If they are after straps now ... it won't be long before they graduate to chewin on other body parts ... I mean guitars are just big sticks to those guys ...:oops:

Cats on the other hand ,may be layin down some tuff 12 Bar blues and put you to shame ! :p

Schallers here as well on the PRS and EBMM guitars.
I go a different route on the Gibsons, big washer method.
(The washer hole is machined so the washer spins freely.)

nygtXS3.jpg

Last edited:
I see that Schallers are most popular, but I've used Dunlops on all my electrics and never had a problem with them releasing. Just installed them on my new McCarty Thinline. After pushing them in, I give them a little tug to make sure the ball bearings are locking in, and have never had an issue. If I'd have started off with the Schallers, I'd probably be singing their praises as well, but the Dunlops ain't broken, so I see no need to fix. JM2CW.

Guy I want to buy Schaller strap lock on my PRS SE custom 24 , does it fit ? Does it need drilling?

Back