Strap choice

nhZPxdo.jpeg
Give it a pair of boots and I need a new keyboard.

I must have inadvertently entered the Adult Guitar forum. They should have a warning somewhere.

I've been using Franklin Straps for many years. First leather, then I went to 3" cotton cinch. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore. Anywhoo, black straps go with everything.

Lock-it has a couple of leather straps which are nice (and their locking system is great in my opinion).
Another option is Richter straps, great leather, fair prices.

Heistercamp is my preferred brand, too, and I'm in the US. They do gorgeous work.
I have to agree. I was getting mine from a shop in Oklahoma, but their CS kind of fell off. Poor communication, and long delays. The last 3 I've ordered have been from Heistercamp. Love everything about their straps, and how they do business.

Personally I would choose a brown leather strap for this guitar and although after 42 years of guitar playing and never had a strap moment fail without ever using a strap lock in my life I would probably get strap locks if I was buying new. The one I use was sent to me in the post in about 1993 after buying a Patrick eggle Los Angeles plus from a shop in the north of England and presumably I had given them my address because two weeks after the purchase I received the strap and still use it today. Yes it’s brown but only leather on the ends (about 8”) and the rest is like a heavy duty mesh and the brown really gels with yellow in particular. Regards SD

Richter makes some high quality straps to consider another option.

Okay... so my PRS DGT SE Goldtop will arrive soon. Feel like it needs a dedicated strap. What should I go for?

0Hd8B2q.jpg
Hey, nice one. When I got this green McCarty I felt it needed a fancy strap. So, I bought a really cool green one, but I prefer the basic brown one. So does the guitar. I am hoping to use the green one on my J-15 waiting for me in Colorado.
Okay... so my PRS DGT SE Goldtop will arrive soon. Feel like it needs a dedicated strap. What should I go for?

0Hd8B2q.jpg
Wow ! Outstanding guitar. Congrats.
When my green smoke burst McCarty arrived, it certainly warranted a new strap. So, I bought a fancy green one thinking it would be a good compliment. Neither myself nor the guitar agreed. Picked up a cool, somewhat basic natural tan leather one at a local shop here in Grants Pass. (Fire River Music). And to coin a phrase somewhat overused in this day and age, Perfect.
I took a nice pic with the axe and straps to share, but cant figure out how to post a pic.
I guess my point is that for me, the guitar is the show. Though I do agree that an ornate strap can accentuate a guitar, an attractive understated strap may allow the guitar to do the talking.
Happy Strumming !

Hey, nice one. When I got this green McCarty I felt it needed a fancy strap. So, I bought a really cool green one, but I prefer the basic brown one. So does the guitar. I am hoping to use the green one on my J-15 waiting for me in Colorado.

Wow ! Outstanding guitar. Congrats.
When my green smoke burst McCarty arrived, it certainly warranted a new strap. So, I bought a fancy green one thinking it would be a good compliment. Neither myself nor the guitar agreed. Picked up a cool, somewhat basic natural tan leather one at a local shop here in Grants Pass. (Fire River Music). And to coin a phrase somewhat overused in this day and age, Perfect.
I took a nice pic with the axe and straps to share, but cant figure out how to post a pic.
I guess my point is that for me, the guitar is the show. Though I do agree that an ornate strap can accentuate a guitar, an attractive understated strap may allow the guitar to do the talking.
Happy Strumming !
Ha ha. Did I just double post ? Duh, "Gee Tennessee, I dont know how to use all this modern stuff"

Back