Strap choice

BigChrisW

'68 Special
Okay... so my PRS DGT SE Goldtop will arrive soon. Feel like it needs a dedicated strap. What should I go for?

0Hd8B2q.jpg

I rather like my Couch strap made of vinyl from vintage Mustang trunk liner. I don't see it on their website now. They do have a Gold Chevy Barracuda Chainmail strap, though. Not sure if that would be too much gold.

Now that I'm looking at the site, I'm digging the Mexican Blanket straps.

My vinyl strap is quite a bit stiffer than my simpler Levy's suede or leather ones, so that may not be for you.

Edit. Gold sparkle!

I love these. I've never handled nicer leather or better construction in a strap. And I'm pretty fussy about leather goods.

I dunno, maybe...

Actually, Couch straps are great. I also like Souldier a bunch, too. Souldier straps work very well on the core-line PRS buttons--you simply have to cut the slit a teeny-tiny bit longer with a sharp blade. As for Couch, well, I love 'em but I can't use them on my core-line PRS with factory strap buttons because the slit's not long enough and there's no room to extend it.

BUT, I see now that the SE guitars have more "normal" strap buttons. In this case, rock on! Either Souldier or Couch would be fine.

I love these. I've never handled nicer leather or better construction in a strap. And I'm pretty fussy about leather goods.

Les converted me. The last two straps I have ordered have been from Heistercamp. Love them.

I have others, but I like these straps made of Bison leather by Native Americans on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Lakota Leathers.

I read that Marty Stuart had a hand in setting this project up.

I have four of their straps. They last forever, they're soft and wrap around the contour of your shoulder, and they're beautiful.

I like the colors too.

Those on their website are the simple style I own.

But they make some extremely fancy ones too.

Last edited:
I bought some or rather my son bought me some Gibson strap locks . Safe, secure and easy to use. My first straplock was a big PITA. You had to take out the screws. It was supposed to be permanent.

Last edited:
Back