Strap Button? Sacrilege I know...But I Want One :-)

Greghint

I bought a Tonare Grand, and am so very in love with the look and the sound. However, and it probably shows my primitive nature, I really miss having a strap button next to the neck. I know 'real' guitars use a headstock strap, and I'm using one quite nicely...it's just not as natural feeling on my shoulder as I play. Also, during longer gigs, it seems more fatiguing.

Question: Have others experienced the same? Has anyone fitted a button strap onto a Tonare Grand?

I figure I can just bring it to Dave's Guitar, and after the laugh at me they'll do a great job, but I was just curious if others have had the same experience.

PS: Here's some photos of it...and a song that came out of it...quite a beauty!
http://youtu.be/vczWJ50JmHw

I only use my Tonare in the studio, so I sit and don't need a strap.

But I don't think it's sacrilege. Heck it's your guitar, you're gigging with it. Seems like a good idea to make that work for you, unless you're planning to resell it soon. I'd talk to PRS about how best to go about it, though.

BTW, your guitar sounds really good on that track.

I had one put on my Martin D-35 when I brought it up to Nazareth for some warranty work about 10-12 years ago.

I used it a few times, but the guitar hung at a funny angle and was never comfortable to play.

I went back to the headstock strap. I use these: http://www.planetwaves.com/pwProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=4115&productid=190&productname=Acoustic_Quick_Release_System

31J0J0ND8QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jamie

I have two Tonares and the Mahogany/Euro came with a strap button on the neck; very handy indeed. I am still debating putting one on the Cocobolo/Euro sister.

BTW, does anyone know the meaning of the numbers/letters below the serial number? Like 2AW, etc?

Last edited:
miraclemax.jpg

Max[/QUOTE]

My name is "The Destroyer". You killed my sense of tone.

Prepare to die!!

First thing I've done with the acoustics I own is attach a strap button.

If you are going to store the guitar and hope that it appreciates to the price of a nice house, don't do it. If you are going to play it (and especially gig with it), slap a button on it! My acoustics never make it to the house without a strap button.

Back