Strange Top on 1992 custom

6stringnate

kAcqG1B.jpg
My first post so please excuse the quick straight up question. Is this top Good/Bad/Unique??? I’m thinking about buying it. If it plays well it’s probably coming home with me, however I’ve never seen a top like this. What’s going on with it. Thank you all and have a great weekend. Looking forward to posting more frequently.

Last edited:
Looks like mineral streaks and very heavy arm wear, maybe even 'reliced'. PRS doesn't relic finishes, so hopefully it's honest wear rather than a DYI relic job, but it looks real, which means someone played the hell out of it.
I would think a guitar finish with that much wear would also have significant fret wear (unless it's been refretted), but that would also indicate it's a particularly great playing and sounding guitar.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I’m drawn to the raw looks of the top. Can’t wait to play it and hear it. I would like to see other tops with mineral streaks. I’m meeting the seller on Monday and it seems so far away. When I saw it I sold a few guitars I wasn’t playing to fund this purchase. Used PRS guitars aren’t readily available around my neck of the woods and this one look’s unique.

What do you think is a fair price range?
Hard to say without information on the condition and year. It's a CU24 with moons so it's likely in the 90's, rotary switch, HFS/Vintage pickups. Does it have the case? I've been out of the used market for a while, so my guess is probably worthless, but low end might be $1600 to $2600. I can't be more specific without more information.

And I love the mineral streaks...

Last edited:
Hard to say without information on the condition and year. It's a CU24 with moons so it's likely in the 90's, rotary switch, HFS/Vintage pickups. Does it have the case? I've been out of the used market for a while, so my guess is probably worthless, but low end might be $1600 to $2600. I can't be more specific without more information.

And I love the mineral streaks...
That's about right. I just sold my blue '02 CU-22 for $1995. There wasn't any interest in it until I lowered the price to that.

I'll keep the orange '95 in my profile pic. I'm pretty attached to it and it was my #1 for many years.

Back