Stradivari guitar played

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
Since PRSh makes so many references to Stradivari, I thought this video was interestingly on topic. This is the only playable Stradivari guitar in existence. From 1679, even the strings are authentic. The artist ain't half bad either...

There’s another recording of the guitar out there; but this one seems to be recorded better. What a wonderful sounding guitar!

“I dunno, Les, I’d need to put an adjustable bridge and a compensated nut on it.”

“Are you kidding, honestly?”

“No, man, what if I wanted to use heavier strings?”

There’s another recording of the guitar out there; but this one seems to be recorded better. What a wonderful sounding guitar!

“I dunno, Les, I’d need to put an adjustable bridge and a compensated nut on it.”

“Are you kidding, honestly?”

“No, man, what if I wanted to use heavier strings?”
Didn’t you originally take delivery of this one?

I'd have to put a MannMade bridge on it, fer sure.

Of course you would. Would you also demand a sweet switch washer? :p

Didn’t you originally take delivery of this one?

No, at the time I was convinced that the guitar was a fad, and that I should put all my savings into a crumhorn shop, Sadly, the crumhorn never made the comeback I anticipated, and I wound up having to escape from Italy to avoid debtor’s prison. So I joined a crumhorn band under a false identity. We toured Saxony, where I met Bach, and learned the keyboard. But Bach dismissed me as a pupil when I played Green Onions in the Thomaskirche.

I still have the hat from the crumhorn band in an old trunk.

Last edited:
No, at the time I was convinced that the guitar was a fad, and that I should put all my savings into a crumhorn shop, Sadly, the crumhorn never made the comeback I anticipated, and I wound up having to escape from Italy to avoid debtor’s prison. So I joined a crumhorn band under a false identity. We toured Saxony, where I met Bach, and learned the keyboard. But Bach dismissed me as a pupil when I played Green Onions in the Thomaskirche.

I still have the hat from the crumhorn band in an old trunk.

Was that before of after the Ocarina quartet?!;)

Pic, or didn’t happen.
:p

Here ya go:

f0vkRIh.jpg

“Les, that’s not a 17th Century crumhorn band hat.”

“Yes it is. We were called The Count Monte Cristo Swingin’ Crumhorn Orchestra. We were very popular. They named a sandwich after us.”

“What happened to the band?”

“Eventually the crumhorn fell out of favor with the public. However, we managed to get a second use out of the crumhorns, and turned them into umbrella handles and other useful items. You know the expression, ‘Get the hook’?”

“Yes.”

“Baritone crumhorn.”

Last edited:
One day in 1791...

“Dearest, today I was cleaning out the attic and threw out a bunch of junk, but I didn’t know what to do with some of your stuff.”

“Like what?”

“Well, there’s an old violin, the case is covered with dust. Do you want me to save it or toss it out?”

“Oh, that’s just my great-grandfather’s old violin. I mean, no one ever plays it. It’s probably just junk. You can throw it out.”

One day in 1791...

“Dearest, today I was cleaning out the attic and threw out a bunch of junk, but I didn’t know what to do with some of your stuff.”

“Like what?”

“Well, there’s an old violin, the case is covered with dust. Do you want me to save it or toss it out?”

“Oh, that’s just my great-grandfather’s old violin. I mean, no one ever plays it. It’s probably just junk. You can throw it out.”

That’s what my wife plans on doing with my guitars. Dumpster! :-(

Back