Stolen guitars...

nablaz

To make it short and straight to the point, three guitars of mine were stolen last thursday night (December 10th, 2015).
They were in a friend's car trunk. The car was forced open and the guitars were taken.
I'm so bummed I don' know what to do... I know that the chance to find them again is very scarce, but I'm trying to do everything in order to get them back.

These are the guitars:

stolen_guitars_as-93-c_zpsejhuwuoh.jpg

Ibanez AS-93-C. This guitar I bought with my girlfriend and was shared between us.

stolen_guitars_se245_zpsq8eg9s7j.jpg

My SE 245. It was bought on a trip in Germany with my girlfriend, along with her SE Angelus (which is in my avatar pic). A lot of memories are associated with this instrument...

stolen_guitars_mc-58_zps8j7cp48e.jpg

Finally, this is the McCarty 58 I wanted for so long, and eventually managed to get earlier this year. This was my dream guitar and I had to sacrifice a lot in order to have it. This is the only one of which I remember the serial number (11 178036).

I don' want to drag this for too long but if, by chance, any of you finds them on the internet (ebay or other auction sites) or has any useful info, please write me via PM or send me an e-mail at "etienne [dot] guichard2 [at] unibo [dot] it".

Thank you...

Last edited:
That sucks man, I hope you find any of them very quickly
I can only offer positive and wishes since I don't live in the US

That sucks man, I hope you find any of them very quickly
I can only offer positive and wishes since I don't live in the US

I'm actually in Italy. I'm just trying to do everything I can... But thanks for your positive wishes!

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear about your losses. Almost sounds like an "inside job" if the guitars were in a trunk where they could not be seen.

I am really sorry to hear about your losses. Almost sounds like an "inside job" if the guitars were in a trunk where they could not be seen.

My impression is that they simply wanted to steal the car's cd player or sat-nav, but they found something else in the trunk instead... Thank you for you support anyways!

I hope you get them back Nablaz...that really sucks...good mojo to you and hope they get the little effers who took them too...

We'll keep an eye out, but be diligent and monitor Ebay and Reverb.com for them.

This is not information we wanna get notice of. I wish you success in getting back your guitars (in that condition they have been stolen). Being realistic, I believe that the chance is going to touch impossibility.

That sucks, dude. Much mojo sent - good luck with the search.

Thank you all for your support! I know it's gonna be hard to find them, but I have to try my best. They were MY guitars and I'm really depressed about not having them anymore...
I will look everywhere I can before "admitting defeat" and moving on.

Not cool.

Never stop looking, I have had friends get their guitars back against all odds.

This is so messed up. So sorry man.

Does car insurance with personal property liability exist in Italy, or homeowners/renters? Maybe your friend can make a claim on insurance ? In America that would qualify for a claim one one of those policies.

Condolences on the loss; especially hard when sentimental value is lost, not just the money.

Definitely put email alerts on Reverb and eBay for these. You might also want to print up a sheet with specs that you can hand out to your local shops that buy/sell used instruments. Finally, I'm not sure how the police work there, but filing a police report might get your S/Ns automatically forward to pawn shops and the like and put pressure on anyone who would otherwise consider flipping the guitars.

Good luck!

This is so messed up. So sorry man.

Does car insurance with personal property liability exist in Italy, or homeowners/renters? Maybe your friend can make a claim on insurance ? In America that would qualify for a claim one one of those policies.

It exists, but this is not the case. We tried talking to the insurance company and they answered that my friend's contract doesn't cover stolen goods inside the car...

Condolences on the loss; especially hard when sentimental value is lost, not just the money.

Definitely put email alerts on Reverb and eBay for these. You might also want to print up a sheet with specs that you can hand out to your local shops that buy/sell used instruments. Finally, I'm not sure how the police work there, but filing a police report might get your S/Ns automatically forward to pawn shops and the like and put pressure on anyone who would otherwise consider flipping the guitars.

Good luck!

Already did all of that. I really hope it will help in some way.

Thanks again guys for your kind words!

To make it short and straight to the point, three guitars of mine were stolen last thursday night (December 10th, 2015).
They were in a friend's car trunk. The car was forced open and the guitars were taken.
I'm so bummed I don' know what to do... I know that the chance to find them again is very scarce, but I'm trying to do everything in order to get them back.

These are the guitars:

stolen_guitars_as-93-c_zpsejhuwuoh.jpg

Ibanez AS-93-C. This guitar I bought with my girlfriend and was shared between us.

stolen_guitars_se245_zpsq8eg9s7j.jpg

My SE 245. It was bought on a trip in Germany with my girlfriend, along with her SE Angelus (which is in my avatar pic). A lot of memories are associated with this instrument...

stolen_guitars_mc-58_zps8j7cp48e.jpg

Finally, this is the McCarty 58 I wanted for so long, and eventually managed to get earlier this year. This was my dream guitar and I had to sacrifice a lot in order to have it. This is the only one of which I remember the serial number (11 178036).

I don' want to drag this for too long but if, by chance, any of you finds them on the internet (ebay or other auction sites) or has any useful info, please write me via PM or send me an e-mail at "etienne [dot] guichard2 [at] unibo [dot] it".

Thank you...

nablaz,

Im devastated for you. I hope the scumbags who stole them are caught and your reunited with your guitars.

This is reminds me that I need to add my recent PRS's purchases and Bad Cat amp to my home and contents insurance policy.

Back