Stolen Guitars - Brian's Guitars

Great news, Brian.

Bob, you'd be shocked how stupid thieves are. My brother-in-law bought a SWEET Taylor acoustic 3 or 4 months ago. (Sorry, don't remember what model...around $2000. NICE!). Anyway, he's a great guy. Just getting established as a realtor. Works his tail off. So the Taylor was the only treat he's allowed himself for a couple years. Anyway, he has it in the trunk of his car, and some slime ball steals it. Like I said, Johnny had just bought it a few days prior, so the receipt is still in the case. (I should interject and let you know that Johnny has a bit of renown where he lives...fantastic guitarist and leads the music at his church.) So! The idiot thief drives 30 miles and tries to return the guitar to the Guitar Center where Johnny bought it, using his receipt!!! Luckily, the GC employee immediately recognized something was fishy, and called police. Happily, the guitar hadn't been touched, and the bad guy was apprehended.

Congrats man...glad it ended quickly....That GC is not too far away from me....how stupid can a thief be? Doesn't guitar center require a copy of a photo ID when you sell them gear?

Back