Stolen Guitar Alert: Keep a Look Out!

Hunter@PRS

PRS all day, every day.
Staff member
Hey folks! I was asked to share this so we can hopefully return this baby to its owner!

A local musician was jumped in Canton (a neighborhood right around Baltimore). They grabbed his Cherry Burst DGT. Attaching photo with serial number below in case anyone comes across it online or in a store around Maryland.

Thanks!

StolenDGT.jpg

Oh man, hopefully if everyone keeps their eyes peeled, we can find her! :(

I hate thieves! !!!!

Double that! In spades! I was a victim. The day before I was discharged from the Navy, I lost over $3K in stereo gear. That was in '75 and if I could have found the scum, a baseball bat on their kneecaps would have been my version of justice.

Double that! In spades! I was a victim. The day before I was discharged from the Navy, I lost over $3K in stereo gear. That was in '75 and if I could have found the scum, a baseball bat on their kneecaps would have been my version of justice.

If you ever figure out who it was, let me know and I'll send you the bat.

Keep an eye on all the used gear sites,(reverb.com,etc) CL & ebay, good luck with it.

I'll be looking for it on my trips to local shops. The local GC makes you wait 30 days to purchase any used equipment. Not sure if it's a county law or state law. Hope he gets it back soon.

That suuuuuuucks. I remember being a sophomore during a high school dance when a guy jump up on stage and stole a guitar while the band was on break. It scared the hell out of me, since it was like stealing the most precious thing I could think of the time (yes, I know, I was young and stupid, but all I could think of was how sad I would be if somebody stole my guitar)

I'll be looking for it on my trips to local shops. The local GC makes you wait 30 days to purchase any used equipment. Not sure if it's a county law or state law. Hope he gets it back soon.

Corporate Rule. I "bought" my EG from them, but I had to wait 8 more days to pick it up. The manager told me he doesn't know why they make it 30 days, most stolen gear is found within a week.

Corporate Rule. I "bought" my EG from them, but I had to wait 8 more days to pick it up. The manager told me he doesn't know why they make it 30 days, most stolen gear is found within a week.

Here in Florida, for a business to purchase second hand items from the public you have to have a Second Hand Dealers license, and everything you buy has to be held for 30 days.

Here in WI I believe it's 14 days for any shops dealing 2nd hand. Every "off the street" items information (brand, model, serial number, color, etc) goes to the local PD that night to be bumped up against theft reports.

Hope they catch the thieves, then publicly hang them in cages in the town square so the local citizens can throw small rocks and expired mayonnaise and other rotten produce at them.

GC's 30-day hold policy works. A buddy here had several high-end guitars stolen out of his house. The perps quickly sold them to GC which put them on hold ... and my pal notified GC who found his guitars ... and GC notified the cops, who nailed the perps.

=K

GC's 30-day hold policy works. A buddy here had several high-end guitars stolen out of his house. The perps quickly sold them to GC which put them on hold ... and my pal notified GC who found his guitars ... and GC notified the cops, who nailed the perps.

=K
It must not be observed company wide. In NC, they will sell it same day. However, to sell anything, they require a copy of your id, a fingerprint, and your signature.

Back