[UPDATE - recovered!!] Stolen - '11 DGT Goldtop - Kansas City

I would think he brought it to pawn shop or local music shop.....you may have to do some leg work. Note: if he did pawn it/sell it, you will be on the hook for whatever it was sold for. Hopefully, you have insurance. Good luck.

A Telecaster was stolen at the same time, but it showed up the next week at a pawn shop. Luckily, I was able to reobtain that one free of charge.

That fantastic! Rarely do they get found. I’m not sure I could identify the 2 taken from me anymore. I’ve got serial numbers somewhere. It was before the digital everything online era we live in today.

Okay - here it is! It is beat up but not as bad as anticipated. One of the interim owners had some finish work done to cover up a bunch of deep scuffs on the back and neck so that is probably fine. A couple of chips on the top/binding that will probably stay. Worst things are> all of the frets are rusty, many screws have gross corrosion on them, and bridge knife edge screws all need to be reset. Shockingly it still feels articulate and resonant even with the rusty strings and all of the other issues. When I get it back to LA I will be consulting with my tech to get it cleaned up and set up.

I'm having complicated feelings after seeing it. Its really sad to see the condition, but after playing it I am reminded quickly how much I loved it. Neck carve is perfect, ergonomics are great, deep piano bass string tones are still there as well as clarity throughout chords. For the last few weeks I have been 100% certain about selling for a flame top/birds Custom 24 as I have been wanting since I was a teenager but now I am not so sure.

Okay - here it is! It is beat up but not as bad as anticipated. One of the interim owners had some finish work done to cover up a bunch of deep scuffs on the back and neck so that is probably fine. A couple of chips on the top/binding that will probably stay. Worst things are> all of the frets are rusty, many screws have gross corrosion on them, and bridge knife edge screws all need to be reset. Shockingly it still feels articulate and resonant even with the rusty strings and all of the other issues. When I get it back to LA I will be consulting with my tech to get it cleaned up and set up.

I'm having complicated feelings after seeing it. Its really sad to see the condition, but after playing it I am reminded quickly how much I loved it. Neck carve is perfect, ergonomics are great, deep piano bass string tones are still there as well as clarity throughout chords. For the last few weeks I have been 100% certain about selling for a flame top/birds Custom 24 as I have been wanting since I was a teenager but now I am not so sure.

I would never get rid of it. Great story guitar. So glad you finally recovered it. If anything, send it to PTC for a refin if you don't like the damage. Myself personally, I'd keep the battle scars as a reminder of it's journey. Again, so happy for you. Rock that thing like no tomorrow! \m/ :D

Back