Stings for a CE24

Hully

What strings do you like for a CE24. The think the PRS 10's that are on the guitar can only be purchased through the PRS site and there is a $20 minimum plus shipping. Thanks.

I use D'Addario NYXL strings - they last longer than any string that isn't coated, I've NEVER broken one, and they have an added midrange to them that is exceptionally pleasing. Add in they get in tune faster and stay there longer than any other string I've ever tried and I can't imagine EVER using anything else.

I haven't got a CE24, but I do like the D'Addario 10-46 balanced tension I tried on my bolt-on EG-3 quite a lot. Now I'm curious about the PRS strings, though. Are they made in-house or are they an imprint? The marketing about consistency and the construction lingo sounds quite similar to marketing used by Dunlop, DR and D'Addario. It looks like quite a few online music stores carry the PRS Strings, Sam Ash and Elderly were the first two places I found 'em listed. Good luck!

I believe the PRS strings are rebranded somethings, D'Addario? I don't remember.

I like Ernie Ball Cobalt, D'Addario NYXL, and Rotosound ... somethings, I forget. I should have ordered some 6-string sets when I ordered my Bareknuckle pickups, they're cheaper than they are through JustStrings.com or the like.

NYXL user here. Just bought some Elixir Coated strings to try for some finger problems.

I don't really have a problem with most branded strings. Use the gauge you are used
to, and set up accordingly. I recently got an axe with 9 gauge strings, snd only had to tighten the claw screws to go up to tens. Strings will feel tighter the higher the action is on your guitar. I like 11 gauge on a fixed bridge for some reason. Strings are different for everybody. I would just stick with what you like. Your CE will sound, and play phenomenal regardless.

Coming from a Strat player which always used 9's, the 10's on the ce 24 an d 22 felt like ropes on the neck. I went to 9's and was much happier. I use 10's on the cu 22 and am happy there as well. Go figure.

I'm using our own prototype progressive tension strings on my main CE24 right now. It's hard to equate them to a normal string since they are wound a bit differently than a normal string. They are roughly 50 - 10 for drop C and 9 - 48 for E.

PRS strings are rebranded D'Addario's. I use 10-46's on CE's.
This. Well, I don't own a CE, but I think almost all of my other PRS "normal" electrics have 10-46s, excepting the baritone of course, but also the HB with piezo sometimes has 11s. Can't remember what it has right now.

Maybe I should measure that - where is my micrometer...ah, the HB has 10-46s, it appears, as does my P24. Neither with a wound G, which is odd for HB at least, I usually have 11-49 with wound G on my HB. Must have swapped them out for a reason, I wonder what it was...

I've been stringing all of my PRS guitars with D'Addario 9.5's. (I try to compensate for scale length differences on various models, 10's on my Les Pauls and 9's on my Fender guitars).

Back