Still thinking 408

No news boxstop7, dealer is left in the dark, he is as frustrated as I am at this point.
His sales guy is not returning emails or phone calls.
The only guy that will return email or phone calls is his rep, but of course the rep does not work at PRS, so he cannot get any real info for us.

When this finally arrives, you should call it the Cobra - 'cause it feels like you're snakebitten!

KingCobra.jpg

Problem is we keep hearing it is done, but not sure at this point, but it is being looked into now.
There has to be a better way for my dealer to get status updates on it to pass along to me.

I reckon they already finished it but it was so good that Paul nicked it for himself so they've had to start again. :)

He he he...
Well, I did hear from my dealer who heard from his rep who heard from someone else that it was very nice looking :D
Maybe it got guitarnapped, time to put out an amber alert.

I cannot wait to get it, I have never played a USA made PRS before, let alone the pattern thin neck.
Very use to the wide/thin necks on my 2012s SEs Custom 24 and Tremonti Custom.

Dealer emailed me earlier, and I called him.
He got a hold of the sales guy and was told it is suppose to ship next Friday the 17th which means it will land Friday the 24th, then be available the 25th.

Not holding my breath though, as we were told twice it was suppose to have shipped by now.
He will call the 17th and see if he can wrangle a UPS tracking number then we will know for sure.

Dealer emailed me earlier, and I called him.
He got a hold of the sales guy and was told it is suppose to ship next Friday the 17th which means it will land Friday the 24th, then be available the 25th.

Not holding my breath though, as we were told twice it was suppose to have shipped by now.
He will call the 17th and see if he can wrangle a UPS tracking number then we will know for sure.

Yah-mon :rock:

Well lets see, I have Friday the 24th off to make it a four day weekend, and if indeed it comes in, I have a HUGE dilemma.
I was suppose to spend that Saturday clay barring and then waxing my FJ, then wax my tent, and then pop it open to wash the sheets and fluff the down comforter, or do I go and pick up the 408 instead :D

Hopefully if it indeed does ship out this coming Friday.
Boxstop7's is suppose to ship the same day as mine, but he will get his much quicker since he is in the same state as PRS.

Hopefully if it indeed does ship out this coming Friday.
Boxstop7's is suppose to ship the same day as mine, but he will get his much quicker since he is in the same state as PRS.

I'll definitely be letting you know what happens come Friday. :)

Called my dealer at 10:30 am today, then he shot off an email to PRS.
The reply was that the invoice was sent out Thursday, so that means either the guitar went out the same day, or it went out today.
Hopefully yesterday, then he will get it next Thursday, and prep it with a fresh setup and 9's, and I can pick it up the next day, unless they get right on it, then I can pick it up after work.

Boxstop, did you hear anything from your dealer yet?

It's cool that its almost there! Just wondering though...why do you think it's going to need a fresh setup? All the the PRSi I've bought new came from the factory playing great.

Thanks Brad.

A new setup is what my dealer does to all guitars that get sold in his shop before a customer takes it home.
Not that they do not trust PRS, but it is just something they do there from what he told me.
I even get a free setup down the road anytime I want to drop the guitar off for a few days with them.

Plus...I am not sure what gauge strings come on a 408.
Some Maryland built guitars come with 9s, some come with 10s.
I run 9s on all of my guitars, I just like them better, so if it is shipped with 10s, it is going to need a new setup anyways,

I wish PRS listed on their products page what gauge strings the guitars ship with.
Just about any other manufacturer in their specs section on their websites list that kind of info.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I think another reason my dealer does a fresh setup on all the guitars is because you have guitar coming from the East coast clear to the West coast.
Different climate here, that trussrod is sure to be out of alignment by the time it makes it here.

Hooray!!! Yours shipped!!! :cheers:

Haven't checked on mine. My dealer doesn't receive shipments on Saturdays/Sundays, so I should hear something on Monday. If yours shipped, I'm hopeful that mine did as well! Congrats, and I can't wait to see pics!!!

Can't wait for your NGD ...I liked it earlier this week when I had mine hehe

Back