Steven Wilson at the Beacon Theater - NYC

G-Man

Awesome. He was sick as a dog and still went on to play two amazing prog rock sets. Played a gold top single cut PRS for most of the show, a green custom 22 and a Babcik acoustic. Fantastic show with an awesome backup band.

I was just thinking -- I was unaware of PRS as a company when I saw them (Porcupine Tree) on the Incident tour, so now I want images/memories/impressions of his custom baritone...

Awesome. He was sick as a dog and still went on to play two amazing prog rock sets. Played a gold top single cut PRS for most of the show, a green custom 22 and a Babcik acoustic. Fantastic show with an awesome backup band.

I saw him last night in Chicago at the 2nd (non-cancelled) show. He mostly had his voice back, but we were treated to Ninet Tayeb doing "Routine" (of course) and doing all of "Hand Cannot Erase"), as well as dueting on "Don't Hate Me" and Bowie's "Space Oddity".

As always, amazing. Not a big fan of the Vic Theatre tho. Hope he goes back to Park West next time.

He's been playing that gold SCT for years. Seems to be a perfect combination of tone and workhorse-ness. (I think the green one is a Custom 24.)

On a related note - Dave Kilminster is an awesome alternative to Guthrie Govan in the band. Altho I don't ever think I've seen someone tune up so constantly; every time he wasn't playing, he was tuning his LP or Anderson Drop T's. Get that man a PRS!

Back