Steve Vai?

AZGiant

Just saw him the other night with what I am calling the Teeth of the Hydra tour. There was a song where he most definitely did not play an Ibanez, and from where I was sitting the headstock and body looked like a PRS. Does anyone else have any info on that? I want to say it was Whale Blue

He does own a few PRS electric guitars and I think PRS is one of his main acoustic guitars also.

He’s been playing more non-Jem/Pia guitars lately, I think. He’s even using an Ibanez John Scofield semi hollow on stage, and a Strat.

i bet steve vai is a fun hang, not on his birthday of course.

I'm on his Patreon, and it's a lot of fun. He's posted a lot of videos, ranging from stories to performances to instruction, although that has slowed lately. He periodically does Zoom calls, which get to be a little free-wheeling and can be a lot of fun, but sometimes they get dominated by one or two people who seem to want to have as much focus on them. Still, how often do you get to hang with a guy like that and ask questions?

I met him and toured his gear at the Charleston, SC show on 10/22. He was playing all Ibanez. He played a large purple hollow body for one song. Is this the one you were talking about?

hollow.jpg

hollow2.jpg

Here's a pic of him playing it. We were front-row center and this is the best pic I could find showing the headstock.

hollow3.jpg

I met him and toured his gear at the Charleston, SC show on 10/22. He was playing all Ibanez. He played a large purple hollow body for one song. Is this the one you were talking about?

hollow.jpg

hollow2.jpg

Here's a pic of him playing it. We were front-row center and this is the best pic I could find showing the headstock.

hollow3.jpg
That was a solid color before, he just had had it swirled recently.

Back