Starting a PRS Collection ...

If you're gonna collect, go Core.
Agree.
My 3rd guitar and 1st Les Paul was a '92 Studio. While it's at least a Gibson and not an Epi, I now think I should have gone for a Standard back then. Just didn't want to spend the money back then. At 17, the Studio set me back, but a Standard would have bankrupted me. Still should have gone for it, lol.
Got into PRS way late in '16 and started with an SE, it quickly moved on to my son as I went into core models.

Then again, you gotta make your own decisions. But as for keepers or long-term collections, I'd go core.

Agree.
My 3rd guitar and 1st Les Paul was a '92 Studio. While it's at least a Gibson and not an Epi, I now think I should have gone for a Standard back then. Just didn't want to spend the money back then. At 17, the Studio set me back, but a Standard would have bankrupted me. Still should have gone for it, lol.
Got into PRS way late in '16 and started with an SE, it quickly moved on to my son as I went into core models.

Then again, you gotta make your own decisions. But as for keepers or long-term collections, I'd go core.
I'd love to get Core guitars, but the price is out of my budget at the time :(

Eventually I'd like to get at least one though.

Imagine having to change a 100 sets of strings!

200w.gif

Back