Starting a PRS Collection ...

So ... I've had a Mark Holcomb PRS for a couple of years now. I just got another one, an SE Paul's Guitar model (the Aqua one), and it's absolutely killer! It looks, sounds, and plays amazing :D

I have minor issues with both. The pickups on the Holcomb aren't really working for me, so I'll be switching those out sometime. On the Paul's Guitar. the neck is a bit hard to get around, but I think it's a matter of getting used to it before I don't even notice it :)

There's a possibility of me picking up an mid 2000s Santana model from a local shop at a good deal. That one needs a new nut for sure, and I'm not crazy about its looks. The pickups and the neck on that one are pretty great though.

I have great guitars from different companies, but I can already tell the Paul's Guitar is gonna be a personal favorite for sure! Even if I don't pick up the one at the shop, I'll definitely buy more in the future.

You are off to a great start. :cool: Pickups and neck shapes will always be a personal preference, but the excellent quality is there with any PRS model. Do you prefer a wide thin neck over the larger profile on the Paul’s? The SE Cu24 or SE Std24 have the wide thin, and are among my favorite SE models.

Careful, the slope is really slippery. Can't go wrong with that Santana, either.

Off of this ... weirdly enough ... as you discover the different models, even in just the SE line, you'll feel like you're falling up the slope, rather than down ... 'cuz it seems that it just keeps getting better and better. Regardless, welcome, and see you at the meetings.

Welcome to the sickness.

Welcome to the madhouse, your off to a great start.

Ahh yes...the kool-aid is delicious isn't it? Welcome to our demented little family. :D

Welcome to the Enablers Club!!

Careful, the slope is really slippery. Can't go wrong with that Santana, either.

Run away!
As fast and as far as you can!
Right now!

RUN!!!!!!!

:p

Try the ones that aren’t as popular as well. There are some hidden gems. Find the ones you like and let the other ones go off to new homes too. Don’t feel like you have to hold onto ones that you don’t bond with.

Enjoy the ride!! There’s lots of great stuff out there!

These are the real facts. Everyone feels a bit different about the different neck/pickup/bridge/scale length/22 vs 24 fret/solid vs semi-hollow details. It is hard to know for sure how you feel about different configurations until you “live” the experience. I know what I like so far, but I’m still learning…

You are off to a great start. :cool: Pickups and neck shapes will always be a personal preference, but the excellent quality is there with any PRS model. Do you prefer a wide thin neck over the larger profile on the Paul’s? The SE Cu24 or SE Std24 have the wide thin, and are among my favorite SE models.

I find that I can play necks on Jackson or Ibanez guitars fairly well, and also on Epiphone type instruments. The ones that give me the most trouble are Fender type necks. So I guess the wide/thin option is better for my playing style :)

Thanks for the advice! :D

p7vfR3g.jpg

6RQVaWW.jpg

Those are the ones :D

Back