Starlaaaaa!

This is one of 10
How do you know that? Mine is an 09. I am betting yours is from the same run as mine. I received it in late 2009.

It was an adventure for sure going through the process of the custom order. I am fairly certain that there were 5 made when I ordered mine and haven't seen any runs since then. I don't know if PRS could tell me how many they made at that time.

I was told this from the guy I acquired it from. I do know it’s a short run. Even better if it’s one of 5:p
I believe he is wrong. I know for sure that my order caused these to be made. There were some issues when getting it made so I had more communication with PRS than the typical order. That is how I have more information about this than most people would have on it.

I love my Starla SE, that's in my icon. Such an amazing and underrated guitar. So versatile, sounds very good and easy to play, super ergonomic. I got with a nice discount as it was sitting in the shop for around a year and nobody was interested on it except me! The only mod was PRS SE locking tuners.

Does this sort of count? ;)

9Jq4oRf.jpg

At one time, I owned three 2009 Starla's. It was one of those guitars where people would often comment on the sound. I played them exclusively for about three years. I finally got tired of changing strings, with the Bigsby. I put a Vibramate Spoiler on the guitars to make string changes easier. I sold then off between 2017 to 2021, as I found other great sounding PRS guitars. I put a set of Starla pickups in a couple of other guitars and sold a Starla with a gig bag and GFS Dream 180 pickups. I still use the HSC for my S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow.

PS: I knew Phil Miller from the OP video, when I lived in Chicago 30 years ago. Great guy and great player!

Last edited:
Back