Starlaaaaa!

My core Starla is one of my most gigged guitars; it's going no where, never while I'm still breathing... :) (glamour shot of my actual guitar):

SxEtX5O.jpg

I'm thinkin' Stella by Starlight.

As a complete aside, I love this song, and the movie this song was originally written for.

Last edited:
I have a core Starla stop tail in my collection. It just sounds like rock and roll... It has that all mahogany grund like my SG has. It cleans up very nicely too. This is definitely underrated model. I was surprised when they stopped making the core model and moved it to the SE lineup. I am sure the pickups in the SE are not exactly like the ones in the core models.

Mine is also a color that I ordered it in that they didn't make many of. From what I have been able to piece together, there are only 5 in the color that mine is in and they made them all when I ordered mine. It took a good while to get mine due to the color.

I have a core Starla stop tail in my collection. It just sounds like rock and roll... It has that all mahogany grund like my SG has. It cleans up very nicely too. This is definitely underrated model. I was surprised when they stopped making the core model and moved it to the SE lineup. I am sure the pickups in the SE are not exactly like the ones in the core models.

Mine is also a color that I ordered it in that they didn't make many of. From what I have been able to piece together, there are only 5 in the color that mine is in and they made them all when I ordered mine. It took a good while to get mine due to the color.

I loved my Starla when I had it. The tone out of it was amazing. I sadly don’t get along with singlecuts so I sold it. I do want to get an S2 Thinline because it’s the best Starla Doublecut replacement. I’ve got some Starla pickups for it when I get it too :D

Well, can’t fault you for that, I have the same issue.

Seriously, this is the only forum I post on that you can’t just directly upload pics to.

This is one of 10

Back